10+ ID Card Templates in Illustrator
Just about every company and organization requires that their employees be able to identify one another. Also, it’s important for customers and clients to know who exactly they’re doing business with, meaning that they’ll also need to learn the identity of each employee they communicate or deal with.
The one thing that can help in pointing out one’s identity would be through the use of an ID card. This article will teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with your very own ID card.
Elements of an ID Card
1. Organization Logo: The organization logo basically shows what business the employee is representing. When coming up with one, you’ll need to know what colors, font, and design you’ll want to use that best represent the image you want for your business. For example, the majority of spa logo designs are usually simplistic and light in tone to reflect the soothing and relaxing atmosphere that they’re willing to provide.
2. Employee Picture: It is standard for ID cards to include a picture of the employee at the front of the card. It gives a visual representation as to who the ID belongs to and it makes it unique to the individual to whom it belongs to.
3. Employee Information: Just about every ID card contains the most basic information of the person that it belongs to. Depending on the type of ID card, more information may be needed. For example, corporate ID’s will require more than just the employee’s name; it will also need the employee’s job title, employee number, department, etc.
4. Signatures: Sometimes a photo just isn’t enough when it comes to visually identifying an employee. This is why the majority of ID cards contain the employee’s signature as it can help in proving one’s identity in the event that it’s in question. It’s one of the best ways of detecting a fraudulent ID card or unauthorized visitors as one can easily scan IDs to compare the signatures that’ within the system.
10+ ID Card Templates in Illustrator
Massage ID Card Template
Advertising agency ID card Template
Event Planner ID Card Template
Travel Agency ID Card Template
Daycare Staff ID Card Template
Student Id Card Template
ID Card Template
Free Blank ID Card Template
Free Employee ID Card Template
Free Student ID Card Template
How to Make an ID Card
1. Using Adobe Illustrator: One of the easiest ways of making an ID card would be through the use of Adobe Illustrator. Take note that this isn’t the only program that you can use as there are other alternatives, but those of you who wish to utilize it will need to learn the very basics. If you already have the program installed, then here’s what you will need to do:
- Launch Illustrator.
- Click Create new to open the New Document dialog box. You can also use shortcut keys to do this: Control+N (Windows) or Command+N (macOS).
- Select a category at the top such as Print, Mobile, or Web.
- Select any of the presets of the different document types.
- Specify exact dimensions, change measurement units and page orientation by selecting Preset Details.
- Once finished, click Create.
If you like, you can use Adobe Illustrator to create things other than modern ID cards.
2. Making your ID card: Next is for you to actually start making your business’s ID card by putting in what it needs. Be sure that you are able to do the following:
- Decide whether it’s going to be single or dual-sided: Depending on what security or data features are included, your business’s ID cards could either be single or dual-sided. You’ll need to be able to determine what kind of functions the professional ID card should have and consider how much space it’s going to need. If you want the card to simply be used for identification purposes, then you can make it single sided. If you want it to contain more important information and give it features that normal cards wouldn’t have, then consider going for dual-sided ones.
- Use durable material: The majority of ID cards make use of material such as PVC, or plastic HID smart cards. These would usually last up to five years and would require fewer reprints. Although you can go with other options, it’s best to stick with those two as they can also be hard to copy, preventing people from creating fake ID cards.
- Consider the orientation: ID cards can be displayed either vertically or horizontally. Take note that this will impact how employees will go about wearing their ID cards. When thinking about the orientation, you’ll also want to consider the different scenarios in which ID cards will be used. For example, if employees interact with customers regularly, then you might want to go with a more vertical design; this allows customers to easily read the employee’s name.
Tips for Making an ID Card
- Think about how many cards you’re going to need: How many do you need to make? Just one for yourself? Or maybe you need to create one for every employee in the business? You’ll need to know the answer to these questions so that you’ll be able to prepare the materials needed and know what information needs to be collected.
- Always think about how the card will be used: For instance, will it only be used to gain permission to access a building or site? Or maybe you’re using worker ID cards to identify who is an employee and who isn’t? The purpose of this is to help you understand what information you should place into the card and how that information should be presented.
Types of ID Cards
If you want to learn more about the different ID cards you can make, then click here to view the article that can help you.
ID Card FAQS
Should I make use of online ID creation services?
You may choose to use them as they are more convenient, but know that you’ll have to give them as many directions possible to ensure that you get the ID cards you need.
What if I want to make it myself? Is there a way for me to do so easily?
Yes. All you have to do is to use an ID card template. You simply need to make whatever changes you need to or add in whatever you want until you are satisfied with the result.
So long as you make use of the information in this article, then you should be able to create a proper ID card for your business.