If you were in charge of handling a lot of employees, then wouldn’t you want something that can easily help you identify every single one of them. You’ll want information on their names as well as a visual reminder that will help you confirm as to who they may be.
That’s why it is important for every single employee to have their own ID cards. This article will teach you all that you need to know about how you can create ID cards that are suited to your business and for your employees.
Elements of an ID Card
1. Business Logo: The best way to have your brand represented via the employee’s ID card is by putting in the business logo. Having the logo on the card will show customers the business that the employee represents, reminding them of who they are dealing with. When coming up with the business logo, it should be one that shows exactly what your business is all about. For example, event planner logos are usually more creative in terms of design and contain symbol or symbols which best represent the event planner service that will be provided.
2. Business Information: ID cards usually have information on the business itself. This is in the event that the card gets lost or if the owner of the card wishes to contact the business for personal or work-related reasons. Aside from the business’s name, other information such as its contact details and address must be provided via the card.
3. Employee Information: Above the business information must be the information on the employee who owns the ID card. What information will be displayed will depend entirely on the type of card that is to be made and its features. For example, the majority of ID cards that belong to employees in major corporations usually consist of more than just employee names; they’ll most likely have other things like employee ID numbers, job position titles, names of departments, etc. These cards would also have the signature of the employee just to help confirm their identity.
4. Employee Picture: No ID card is complete without a picture. This is basically a form of visual confirmation that proves who the ID card belongs to. Remember that this should always be at the front of the card.
10+ ID Card Templates in Apple Pages
Advertising Agency ID Card
Daycare Staff ID Card Template
ID Card Design Template
Massage ID Card Example
Free Student ID Card Template
Student Id Card Design
Free Blank ID Card Template
Event Planner ID Card Example
Travel Agency ID Card Template
Free Employee ID Card
How to Make an ID Card
1. Access Apple Pages: One of the programs that you can use to create your ID cards would be Apple Pages. You should know that in order for you to access the program, you can only do so with an iOS device such as a Mac. If you do not have one, then consider the many other alternatives that you can use to make your ID cards. If you can access Apple Pages, then here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Click on the “Pages” icon.
- Go through the list of ID card templates and choose the one that you want to use.
- Click Choose to open a new document and so you can start making your ID card.
If you like, you can use the same process to create other types of documents via Apple Pages.
2. Make your ID cards: Next is to learn how to actually make the ID card to make it usable. So be sure that you are able to do the following:
- Consider the orientation: Before you put in the information that the ID card should have, you need to think about how it’s going to be displayed. Know that you can display the information either horizontally or vertically. When you’re deciding, it’s best that you think about how the ID card could potentially be used. So if it’s mostly for identification purposes, then you’ll want it vertically to make it easier for people to see the information. If there’s too much information for it to be displayed vertically, then you should go with the horizontal display instead.
- Decide on whether it’s single or dual-sided: Once you’ve figured out how the information is going to be displayed, the next thing you’ll need to consider is whether the ID card is going to be single or dual-sided. To help you with your decision, know that the majority of professional ID cards that contain a lot of information and features are usually dual-sided. So if you want ones that are simple, then it’s best that you stick with single-sided ID cards.
Tips for Making an ID Card
- Use durable material: You don’t want to go through the hassle of reprinting cards every couple of months or year. So to avoid that, you have to use durable materials such as PVC, or plastic HID smart cards; these will last around five years, giving you all the time in the world to prepare for eventual reprints.
- Know who you need to provide ID cards for Before you start on their production, it’s best that you know exactly who you’re planning to make your ID cards for. That way, you can make enough without having to make use of too many resources.
Types of ID Cards
- Staff ID card
- Employee ID card
- Event Planner ID card
- Agency ID card
- Corporate ID card
- VIP ID cards
- Student ID card
If you want to learn how about other types of ID cards and how to make them, then you simply need to go through our site to read up on the articles that can help you.
ID Card FAQs
How do ID cards help in verifying who a business’s employees are?
Aside from their names and pictures on the cards, there are usually signatures and other security measures on them that can help confirm if the owner is an employee or not.
What do I do if I don’t know how to make one from scratch?
Remember that there are always ID card templates that you can use which can give you an idea as to how you should make your business’s ID cards. You can use them as references or just change what’s already on them until they’re perfect for your business.