In business, it is very important that every employee is able to identify one another. This is especially true for those who are in a position that requires them to manage each and every single employee within a specific department.
To ensure that everyone knows who they are supposed to work with, ID cards will be provided. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you should go about in creating the perfect ID cards for your business and your employees.
Elements of an ID Card
1. Business Logo: To start things off, you’ll want to have the business logo at the front of the card. This is no doubt the best way to promote your brand and to show customers the business that the employee is representing. If you still haven’t come up with a design for the logo, then you’ll want to come up with one which shows the type of business you’re running. For example, if you were to come up with a makeup artist logo, then you could make it colorful to show off your business’s creativity.
2. Employee Information: The point of the ID card is so that it can help people identify who the employee is. Although having the employee’s name in the ID card helps, there are some people that may want to know more than just that. And that is why ID cards usually contain other pieces of employee information such as their department they’re designated to or their job position title.
3. Business Information: It’s possible that customers who view the employee’s ID card will also want to know more about the business the employee represents. This means that the card must carry the basic business information as it could potentially be helpful to both employees and customers. The name alone should suffice, but some have the business’s address and even contact details at the back of the card.
4. Employee Picture: This is the easiest ways for viewers to determine as to whether or not the ID card belongs to the employee that provides it. Remember that the employee’s picture must be at the front of the card as you want it to be on full display. Be sure the image is of high quality and that it was recently taken.
5. Signatures: Having the employee’s signature on the card is one of the easiest methods for determining fraudulent or fake ID cards. Be sure that you have registered the employee’s signature in your business’s system database so that it can be used to compare with the one which is on the ID card.
10+ ID Card Templates in Publisher
Travel Agency ID Card Template
Law Firm Identity Card Template
Event Planner ID Card Template
Massage ID Card Template
Daycare Staff ID Card Template
Restaurant Identity Card Template
Free Beauty Parlor ID Card Template
Free Professional ID Card Template
Free Student ID Card Template
Free Blank ID Card Template
Free Modern ID Card Template
How to Make an ID Card
1. Getting started with Publisher: If you’re going to use Microsoft Publisher to make your ID cards, then you’ll need to install the program first. If you already have it or if you’re done installing it on your computer, then be sure to do the following:
- Click File > New and choose Built-in so that you can use any of the available templates.
- Go to the Business Cards catalog that’s under Installed Templates and then choose the design that you want.
2. Customize your ID cards: Next will be for you to go to the Customize option. From there, you will be doing the following:
- Select both your ID card’s color scheme and font scheme.
- Click the drop-down menu under Business Information and click Create New.
- In the Create New Business Information Set dialog box, enter the needed information in the different fields.
- If you want to put in your business logo, then simply click Add Logo.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
- From the options, select the Page size. This can either be in portrait or landscape.
- If you want to include the logo, then simply check Include Logo.
- Click, Create.
3. Creating a two-sided business card: If you want to put more information into your employee’s ID cards, then you’ll want it to be two-sided. If you’re going to make two-sided ID cards, then here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Complete the steps above.
- In the Pages navigation pane, right-click the existing page and then click on Insert Page.
- In the Insert Page dialog box, click After Current Page, and then you may select any of the options you want.
- Add all the information that you want to put into the back of the ID card.
- If everything looks the way that you want it to, then simply save the file.
Tips for Making an ID Card
- Make use of durable material: You don’t want to keep reprinting ID cards after every couple of months or so, meaning that you’ll want to use durable printing material for your business ID cards. Use PVC, or plastic HID smart cards as these tend to last around five years before having to be replaced.
- Know how many ID cards need to be printed: To avoid unnecessary waste of resources, you should know the total amount of ID cards that need to be printed out. Keep a list of all the employees that need to be provided ID cards and update it if whether or not they have already received them.
Types of ID Cards
If you want to learn about other ID cards or more on how to make them, then simply go through our site to find the articles that can help you.
ID Card FAQs
Is there any other way to make ID cards other than Microsoft Publisher?
You don’t have to make ID cards in Publisher as there are many alternative programs that you can use. A good example would be Photoshop programs as those have more creative tools. It’s all a matter of your preference in terms of what you want to use and how you want to design your business’s ID cards.
What if I don’t have the skills to make an ID card?
Then you can always avail online ID card making services. Take note that you’ll have to give clear instructions on what you want on your business ID cards and you’ll have to pay a fee equal to the service that’s provided.