A donation inventory uses the process of inventory management to ensure that all the information about specific donations are well-documented and properly recorded. The usage of inventory templates can help an entity a lot in terms of assuring that all the details that should be kept are organized so that it will be readily available whenever needed.
On this post is a collection of donation inventory templates in Word and PDF. You may download the templates that are available in this article so that you’ll have an easier time in sorting out your donation inventory.
Charity Donation Inventory
Inclusions of a Donation Inventory
A simple inventory template used in the processes of listing donations are very essential in the operations of a non-profit organization. A basic donation inventory should have the following information:
- The specific donations collected during a specific event, gathering or program
- The dates when the donations were given, when the donations were accounted for and summed up, or when they were sorted if they are not in the form of cash
- The name of the entity who gave a particular donation, if necessary
- The kind of donation that is needed by the organization
- The purpose or what the donations are for
- The grouping of the donations based on their usage
- The dates when they will be released to the entities to whom the donations are for
- The number of units per donation items
The items that are listed above can be changed depending on the donation listing regulations and/or procedures followed by an organization. Unlike a Retail Inventory Template, donation inventory templates are based on the items that will be given by a donor and not on the expected items that should be delivered in an establishment.
Agriculture Product Donation
Tips in Creating a Donation Inventory
A donation inventory should always be well-formatted and organized. The content of this document should always be precise and accurate to make sure that there is a proper recordof the donations from different entities.
Some of the suggestions that you may follow in creating an effective and efficient donation inventory are as follows:
- Identify the supplies that are needed in a particular activity where the donations will be used. This way, individuals or organizations who would like to donate will be able to give the donations needed by an organization to execute a particular program. Supply Inventory Templates may be used once all the donations are already on hand.
- Be specific with your listing and ensure that you will properly place the details of the donation along side the specific donor. This will help you to track the items that are already in the care of the organization.
- Indicate the specific individuals or members who are tasked to take care of the donations that are given by an entity. This is very important so that the people who are responsible in the recording of the items are properly doing their tasks.
Follow these tips so you can make sure that the usage of your donation inventory will be maximized.