10+ Inventory Templates in Google Docs
There are certain people who are tasked with the responsibility of taking into account all of the items that need to be delivered, in storage, to be sold, etc. Considering the possibility of the number of items that they need to keep track off, they’re going to need something to help them.
This is where an inventory document will definitely come in handy. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with your very own inventory document.
Elements of an Inventory
If you’re going to make any kind of inventory document, then you should know how important it is that you are able to learn about the basic elements. With them, you can guarantee that whatever kind of inventory document is able to help you or anyone else keep track of certain items for their own purposes.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that every good inventory document is going to need:
1. Title: The first thing that should catch the eye of those that go through the inventory sheet should be the title. This is because the point of having one is so that those who decide to read it will have an idea as to what the inventory document is for. You have to make sure that the title is directly related to the purpose. For example, let’s say that you have to take inventory of all of the equipment that is going to be stored. An appropriate title would be something that contains “Equipment Inventory Sheet” followed by anything that goes well with it.
2. Date: Those who will want to go through the inventory document will definitely want to know about the date in which it was made. This is very helpful in the event that one has to look into any inconsistencies regarding the items that were taken into inventory or for any other similar matters. Make sure to put in the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any questions regarding when it was made.
3. Basic Information: Some inventory documents will require you to put the basic information of the persons responsible for its creation, that of the company from which it originated from, or even both. In any case, just be sure to include things such as names, addresses, etc.
4. Item Details: No matter what you put into the inventory document, you must make sure that you are able to include any important details that will be required. For example, an equipment inventory list will require you to include information such as the descriptions of the different equipment, then a quantity of each, etc.
10+ Inventory Templates in Google Docs
Gift Inventory Template
Stock Inventory Control Template
Simple Inventory Template
Landlord Inventory Template
Office Inventory Template
Product Inventory Template
Grocery Inventory Template
IT Inventory Template
Data Inventory Template
Shipping Inventory Template
How to Make an Inventory in Google Docs
Now that you have managed to learn about the basic elements, the next thing that you are going to have to learn is how you should go about in making one. Again, the point of the document is to help you keep track of the number of items that serve their own purpose. The only way you can make sure that the document is able to do just that is if you know how to make it.
1. Create a Google Doc: So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper inventory document in Google Docs:
- Access Google Docs:
- Open your Gmail account.
- Select the “Docs” option.
- Choose if you would like to start from a blank document or if you want to make use of a template.
As you can see, making an inventory document via Google Docs is simple. In fact, you can use the same method to help you come up with other types of documents other than just those for taking inventory.
2. Make Your Inventory Document: Whether you plan on making an inventory document via a template or from scratch, you have to make sure that you are able to include all of the necessary information. What this means is that you should place everything necessary that will help one know all the details of the whatever you’ve put into the document. So with that, be sure to include the following:
- Item Descriptions: Every item that you put into the list must be accurately described. Be sure that you give each of them their official descriptions so that there won’t be any questions regarding what they are or if they should even be in the list.
- Item Quantity: You need to be able to take into account just how much of a particular item is being put into inventory. Be sure to provide accurate amounts for every single item.
- Unit Price: Certain inventory documents will require you to put in the price of particular items. Again, just make sure that you provide accurate numbers for the price of every single item that you have to put into the list.
- Comments: A number of inventory documents will require you to put in comments regarding the items on the list. This can provide information such as the quality of each item or if there are any problems that need to be looked into. Make sure that there’s an appropriate amount of space for where you can place these comments.
Tips for Making an Inventory Document
- Always go with a proper format: If you want to ensure that the information in your inventory document can easily be understood, then all you have to do is consider the format. What this means is that you will need to think about things like what kind of font and font size you should use, as well as how you should go about in presenting the information. You can choose to look into the many different samples of inventory documents that you can find online and use them as references. This will give you an idea as to what kind of format you should go with.
- Check to see if there’s anything missing: Before you finalize anything, you need to see if you’ve managed to include all of the information that should be in the document. The last thing you want to do is to provide one that lacks information or contains inconsistencies as that will just make the document useless. So it is always best to do a thorough check. You should also consider going through the document at least twice to ensure that you are able to cover everything that you are supposed to.
Types of Inventory Documents
Now that you have an idea as to how you should go about in making one, the next thing that you are going to have to learn would be the different types that you can make. Each type of inventory document is meant for keeping track of different types of items for their own purposes. Knowing the types that you can make is essential for creating one that’s appropriate for the situation. So with that, here are a few examples:
- Building Inventory
- Sales Inventory
- Computer Inventory
- Commercial Inventory
- Equipment Inventory
- Stock Inventory
- Material Inventory
- Home Inventory
- Software Inventory
If you would like to learn more about the other types of inventory documents that you can make, or if you would like to learn about other types of documents, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you need.
Why do I need a physical copy when I already have digital ones?
The reason as to why you should still make physical copies of your inventory document despite already having a digital one is because you will never know when you won’t be able to access the latter. There will come a time where a physical copy will be more useful and it’s always best to be prepared for situations that prevent you from accessing the digital one.
How can I easily make a report?
One of the things that you can do is to use a template. You just need to download the one you want to use, open it, and then make whatever changes you want. You can also choose to just use these templates as references if you want to make one from scratch. If you like, you can make use of the templates available in this article in whatever way you wish.
So long as you make the most out of the information that is in this article, then you should not have to worry about making a proper report.