11+ Inventory Templates in Google Sheets
There are times where one is given the important task of having to manage items that need to be shipped, delivered, sold, stored, etc. Those that are responsible for keeping track of numerous items will need something to help them out. You can also check out inventory templates.
Fortunately, the one useful thing that can help guarantee that they are able to manage everything would be an inventory document. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know about how you should go about in making one.
Elements of an Inventory
If you are going to make any kind of inventory document, then you have to make sure that you know about the basic elements. Knowing what they ensure that whatever inventory document that you come up with is able to help you or anyone else keep track of a number of items that are meant for different purposes. So long as you know what they are and that you implement them properly, then you should not have to worry about the effectiveness of the document.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that you must not forget to include:
1. Title: No matter what kind of inventory document you decide to come up with, you have to make sure that you are able to create an appropriate title. The reason as to why you have to make one is because it helps readers understand the purpose of the document. As you’re making it, you must see to it that it is directly related to the type of inventory that you have to create. For example, let’s say that you need to make one for all the items that have to be delivered. A good title for this would be something that contains “Delivery Inventory Sheet” and anything else that could be appropriately added to it.
2. Date: Those who will be going through the document could possibly want to know when it was created. This is because it will tell them how many items were accounted for on that particular day and they can use the information to see if there are any inconsistencies or errors that need to be corrected.
3. Basic Information: Every inventory document will require the basic information of the person responsible for its creation or the company that the document originated from. In any case, you just have to put in information such as names, contact details, job titles, etc.
4. Item Details: No inventory can be complete unless there is a list of items in it. You have to ensure that whatever item you put into the document contains all of the details that specific people will want to know about. This includes everything from their proper descriptions of how much each of them costs.
11+ Inventory Template in Google Sheets
Simple Inventory Template
Data Inventory Template
Grocery Inventory Template
Free School Inventory Template
Available File Formats
Gift Inventory Template
Stock Inventory Control Template
Landlord Inventory Template
Office Inventory Template
Product Inventory Template
IT Inventory Template
Shipping Inventory Template
Personal Asset Inventory Template
How to Make an Inventory in Google Sheets
Now that you know about the basic elements, the next thing that you are going to have to learn would be how you should go about in making one. This is very important as you want to make sure that whatever inventory document that you are able to come up with is actually able to serve its purpose and the only way that you are able to do that is if you actually know how to properly make one.
So knowing that here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper inventory document in Google Sheets:
1. Access Google Sheets: If you are going to make any type of inventory in Google Sheets, then you will first need to be able to access Google sheets first. In order to do that, you will need to have a Gmail account first. If you do not already have one by this point, then you can simply make one by going into Google’s main site and making one there. Once you have made it, then be sure to do the following:
- Access your Google account.
- Select the “Sheet” option.
- Choose if you would like to make an inventory document starting from a blank document or by choosing a template.
As you can see, the process is fairly quick and easy. It’s because of that, you can also use the same process to help you come up with other types of documents other than for taking inventory.
2. Proceed With Making Your Inventory Document: Whether you are going to use a template or starting from scratch, you need to make sure that it has all of the information that it is going to need. This means that you are responsible for making sure that it does. So knowing that, here are the things that you are going to have to put into whatever inventory document you have to make:
- Item Descriptions: Every item that you have listed down into your inventory document will require you to put in an accurate description for every one of them. You must make sure that you provide their official description so that there won’t be any questions as to whether they should be on the list or what they are.
- Item Quantity: Every item that you put into the list will require you to put in the amount of each. This is because taking inventory means you need to point out the quantity for every individual item. Make sure to provide the accurate number for each one.
- Unit Price: Certain inventory documents will require you to put in the unit price of every item. Again, all you have to do here is to put in the accurate amount of every price for each individual item.
- Comments: Much like unit prices, certain documents will require you to put in comments regarding every item on the list. This will tell readers things like the quality of the items, problems that have been encountered and much more. Make sure that the comments do not take up too much space.
Tips for Making an Inventory Document
- Always check to see if there’s anything that you have to correct: When it comes to doing inventory, you must be sure with whatever it is that you have put into the document. This is because even one little mistake could render the inventory document useless. To avoid that from happening, the one thing you can do is to do a thorough check to see if there are any corrections that you need to make. It is always best to go through the inventory document twice before finalization to guarantee that you are able to cover everything thoroughly.
- Go with a proper format: You have to make sure that whatever inventory document that you come up with can easily be understood. This means that you are going to have to think about what font and font size you are going to have to use, as well as what the means by which you are going to present the information that should be in the document. If you like, you can use the many different samples that you can find online as references so that you will have an idea as to what kind of format suits your inventory document.
Types of Inventory Documents
Now that you know the steps that will allow you to make an inventory document, the next thing that you are going to have to do is to learn about the different types. Know that there are man types of inventory documents as each of them are meant for helping you keep track of items with their own purposes. So long as you know the types that you can make, then you should always be able to make one that’s appropriate for the situation. With that, here are a few examples:
- Computer Inventory
- Commercial Inventory
- Material Inventory
- Home Inventory
- Equipment Inventory
- Stock Inventory
- Building Inventory
- Home Inventory
- Software Inventory
- Commercial Inventory
If you would like to learn more about the different types that you can make, or if you want to learn about other documents, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you need.
Should I only keep digital copies of an inventory document?
No. It is always best that you carry around a physical copy with you should you be required to make one. This is because you will never know if there is a situation where you cannot access your digital inventory copies. So when that happens, having a physical copy will definitely come in handy.
How can I easily make one?
The easiest way for you to be able to make an inventory document is if you download a template, open it, and then make whatever changes you think are necessary. If you like, you can make use of the ones that are available in this article.
So long as you make the most out of all the information that is presented in this article, then you will not have to worry about making a proper inventory document.