In every business entity, every asset a company owns is always to be accounted for. This not only means the materials kept in the warehouse or the finished goods are stored for delivery. The supplies and equipment in the office are also important assets to be taken care of.
Similar to Retail Inventory, office inventory is accomplished with the proper documentation. Purchasing departments monitor the company’s over all Inventory Financing, which includes both the raw materials and office supplies. The following templates can be used in the monitoring of your office supplies and equipment.
Managing Office Inventory
Proper management of office supplies can help the company cut costs in administrative expenses. Here are the following tips in office inventory management:
- Assign a personnel-in-charge. Set a few people to take care of office inventory control. With this, you can be assured that someone is taking note of the ins and outs of the supplies.
- Require a written document. For the employees to withdraw office supplies, make them secure a request form to be given to the personnel-in-charge.
- Conduct a periodic inventory. To properly manage office supplies, have an actual inventory of the supplies daily, weekly, or monthly. You can use the Free Inventory Templates presented on this website.
Tracking Office Inventory
Here are ways in keeping track on office supplies inventory:
- Check stocks on hand. Keep track of the stocks regularly. Keeping a log of the supplies will help you keep track of what items are still available or need to be replenished.
- Group similar items. Organize supplies by separating reams of paper from pens, highlighters, paper clips, and other supplies to increase efficiency.
- Update supplies log. For every coming and going of office supplies, update the form for that specified item. You can use an Excel spreadsheet or a Word document with the format provided in this list of downloadable Business Inventory Templates. Set a threshold indicating when to restock that particular item.
About Office Inventory Templates
There are two options you can choose in creating a document for office inventory. You can either make the inventory document from scratch or use downloadable templates provided on the web.
Inventory Control Templates usually includes the following components:
- Stock Codes and List – This section pertains to the item code and the respective name of the office supply or equipment.
- Beginning Inventory – This part makes you identify the stocks you had on hand of each of the supplies at the start of the given period.
- Purchases and Requests – Recording of the in and out of inventory within the given period is required to be written on office inventory templates.
- Ending Inventory – The stocks you have at the end of the given period is generated by getting the net balance after inventory transactions.
- Inventory on Hand – This section comprises of the actual count of the office inventory on hand.
The materials that aid employees in the office work are as important as the raw materials and the finished goods stored in the warehouses. Proper management and documentation can help a lot in monitoring the administrative costs of the business. With the help of inventory templates on this website, recording office supplies becomes manageable.