When certain transactions between two parties occur, an invoice can be used as proof of the deal. Now there are many types of invoices that you will find along the way, each with their own different types of format. On this list, we will tell you all you need to know about invoice, what they are and how to make them.
106+ FREE INVOICE Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
With these 8+ basic invoice templates to get you started, you can use them as reference for making your own invoice or use the templates themselves as they are to give out to your customers as some of the templates you can find on this list can be used for that. Now you will only find basic invoice samples on this list, but we also have export invoice and import invoice should you be looking for them specifically.
Basic Invoice Template
Invoice Format Template
Invoice Example Template
Event Planner Invoice Template
Royal Resort Invoice Template
Hostel Invoice Template
Ice Cream Invoice Template
Basic Tax Invoice Template
Department Billing Invoice
How to Write a Basic Invoice
When making an invoice, you must write the following:
- Name and contact details of the seller
- Information of the product being sold
- Total amount charged as well as each individual product cost
- Payment terms for the transaction
There are many different kinds of invoice format templates that you will find out there. For now, these four up above are what’s essential for basic invoice formatting. If you’d like to look at more, we also have invoice templates in Excel for you to check out. The fact that they’re in Microsoft Excel makes them easy to edit.
How to Create a Professional Invoice
Professional invoices should have the following:
- Details on cost of tax and delivery
- Available payment options
- The date you sent the invoice
- An invoice reference number
It should be well noted that if you want to be paid as soon as possible, then you should include all the correct information. If there are any mistakes, the client might have to query it, and that could really delay the payment. If you want to see any more sample invoice templates that are professional, you can check out estimate invoice templates for more samples.
Construction Invoice Template
Basic Hourly Invoice
Basic Personal Invoice
5 Simple Tips for Speedier Invoicing
- Get your invoicing automated. You can use a software to do just this. It will make it faster if your invoicing is automatic instead of you having to do so manually.
- Make sure that your work is all invoiced. If you have multiple jobs and tasks, then taking note of them and invoicing them as soon as they’re complete can make the process swifter.
- Inform your customers ahead of time. Before you send in an invoice, you can inform them ahead of time the estimated cost of the job, any payment terms, and the payment method.
- Make payment terms shorter. Typically, payment terms can last over 30 days or more, but it’s really all up to you how you do it. Many recommend setting a payment term no more than 15 days to get paid faster.
- Allow customers to pay mobile. Get yourself a mobile payment system so your customers can pay you much faster.
With the templates we have provided with you on this list, we hope that you will have no trouble making the basics of invoices for your own use. Our website also offers many printable invoice templates for you to use, such as these freelancer invoice templates that you may just be looking for.