For most transactions, it is necessary to have invoices to serve as records of them. You can even make the job easier with invoice templates so as to save you time. Of course, there are more uses for invoices than just for purchases, such as deliveries, to name one.
While most commercial invoice templates have to do with recording purchases, they can be used in any situation in which goods exchange hands. If you have received packages in the mail, you may be familiar with having to sign an invoice so as to take possession of the item, which speaks as to the uses of invoices.
Food Delivery Invoice Template
Differences between Sales and Delivery Invoices
While most commercial invoice templates tend to be sales invoice templates, there are some differences between the two, in spite of any similarities. Some particular differences include:
- Transport details, as the invoice does mention what method was used to transport the items, such as trucks or ships.
- Weight, as the transaction would need to record how much everything delivered weighed, so as to charge for carrying them accurately.
- Dimensions, as the same can be said of the items’ dimensions, as the items would also take up valuable space.
- Locations, as the start and end points of the items would need to be listed so as to have a record of the items’ journey.
What is a Delivery Invoice?
A delivery invoice is simply a record of transportation of items, similar to how sales transactions are records of purchases. You can use basic invoice templates and general invoice templates to make them, but some particular characteristics include:
- Being able to check the items’ condition. The condition of the items may change during transport, so it is necessary to monitor that.
- Inclusion of HS Code. This is a specific code for each type of item transported that conforms to a universal system for ease of tracking each item.
- Addition of prices. Delivery invoices can also record prices of each item, similar to a sales invoice, so as to monitor total prices.
Free Delivery Invoice
Tips for Creating a Delivery Invoices
As is the case with other kinds of templates like service invoice templates and free printable invoice templates, there are some tips that can affect your use of delivery invoice templates. Tips like these are meant to improve your use of tools like tax invoice templates and blank invoice templates by giving you some guidelines.
- Do not forget any factors. This includes values like weight, quantities, etc. as you need these to present a complete record.
- Do not forget the codes you need for these invoices, both invoice number and HS code, as these are needed to serve as identifiers.
- Keep the transportation aspect of the invoice in mind. You would have to include both location and transportation on your invoice.
- You can also include the prices for each item. This can serve to make the record of your invoice more complete, as you have more information concerning the transaction.
And if need be, you can find other templates for any other invoices you may have to make, or even templates for other kinds of documents, so as to have more tools for making your documents.