When running a business, one of your concerns should be having a means of recording each transaction. Thankfully, there are tools like export invoices that allow you to do just that. In any case, this applies practically everywhere, so you can see templates like handyman invoice templates for specific businesses.
It is especially important for professions like handymen to think about invoice writing being that they provide services for clients rather than goods. Unlike general invoice templates, calculating what payments are due requires taking factors like hours worked into account, rather than applying a fixed price, which adds different elements to such calculations.
What is a Handyman Invoice?
As the name implies, a handyman invoice is a kind of simple invoice template that allows handymen to record the rices they charge for their work. Some specific characteristics include:
- Items and labor, as these invoices have to take both items and actual work done into account on the blank invoice templates, since the job involves both.
- Quantity and hours, as you would have to calculate the quantity of items as well as the amount of time spent on each part of a job.
- Rate, since there is generally a rate for each hour spent on work, in addition to the prices for items.
How to Make a Handyman Invoice
As with other examples of small business invoice templates, there are some steps required in order to make this kind of invoice, including:
- First, include space for personal information for yourself and your client at the top of the invoice template.
- Also include space for the date, as well as a specific invoice number.
- Create a table to record your data.
- Place the categories for each column in the top row. The categories should include parts, labor, quantity, hours, and price/rate.
- Include a box for totals so as to tally the total price.
Guidelines for Using a Handyman Invoice
Like with other templates, maintenance invoice templates and similar templates have some guidelines that can provide you with some hints for using them more effectively. This can only benefit you by helping you make the most of any invoice template you use.
- Never forget the invoice number. This makes for easier record-keeping in that each invoice is unique. In case of any queries, it also makes it easier for you to find the relevant transaction and refer to it.
- Make sure to include a total box. This would allow your clients to check the tally for themselves to ensure that the final calculation is accurate, potentially avoiding errors.
- Keep your invoice simple. This would make any Excel invoice templates much easier to use, especially if you plan to reuse your template for future transactions. It also makes it easier for clients to follow your calculations and follow for themselves.
- Also include all necessary dates. This not only makes for more convenient record-keeping, but also makes clear to your clients when deadlines for payment are due so as to make payments easier.
Hopefully, all these guidelines should make the task of using these templates more convenient, both for your part and that of your clients’.