In a business structure, an invoice is considered as one of the critical documents that must be organized and dealt with. It’s not just your ordinary document as it is both legal and binding to the parties involved in the transaction.
In creating an invoice, you can either opt for the manually created invoice or the electronic one. The latter is mostly used by big businesses because of the level of convenience and efficiency it brings to the business. One reliable program you can rely on in terms of creating an invoice is MS Excel. To give you key information and samples, we have a list of Excel-based invoice templates here that you may review and download.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Billing Invoice Template
Basic Invoice Template
Basic Catering Order
What Are the Basic Features of an Invoice?
Designing invoice template is not that easy. It may seem a piece of cake for some. However, you must be very keen in dealing with it. You must ensure that relevant sections and components are included in your template. Here are some basic features of an invoice.
- Company Details – This section applies both to the payer and the payee. You have to include the company’s full legal title, address, phone number and other relevant details. To add, you must label correctly who is the payer and the payee.
- Date – You have to specifically state the date when the invoice was issued. To add, you also have to include the duration or frequency applicable to your invoice such as in the case of a hourly invoice template.
- Invoice Number and Other Relevant Identifiers – These must be provided for tracking purposes. You can choose any type of identifier such as an ID based system structure, unique billing code, or etc.
- A Breakdown of Goods or Services – It is up to you if you opt to be specific or general. You can include the name of the services or goods, prices, quantity and the date the said services and goods were provided.
And lastly, the terms of the payment. You can add additional conditions and instructions here. Just ensure the invoice is duly signed by the involved parties.
Commercial Invoice Template
Consultant Invoice Template
Hotel Invoice Template
Common Forms of Invoice Templates
Invoice templates come in an array of forms or formatting structure. Most of the time, it depends on the preference of the company on how it would like to structure their invoice. For better understanding and reference, you can check out our templates.
- Billing Invoice Template – As you may have observed, this template is applicable to various billing transactions. You just have to take note of the cost elements, current hours billed, hourly labor rate, and a summary of the billing details. Company invoice templates usually include the said components for order transactions.
- Sale Invoice Template – In delivering sold products via shipping or other modes of deliver, this invoice is usually applied. In this case, you have to specify the salesperson you’ve transacted with, the P.O. number, the description of the good, prices, and other terms of the transactions.
- Commercial Invoice Template – This is considered as a custom document. It is provided by the company or corporation that exports items in the across countries. If you’re into foreign trading transaction, this is useful for you.
- Consultant Invoice Template – If you’re conducting consultancy services, you can scan through this document to know more updates and ideas. You have to clearly provide the consultancy agency or company that you represent.
- Hotel Invoice Template – For hotel owners or administrative officers, this template is for you. You may use this to provide the agreed details of the client’s stay in the hotel including the payment details.
- Service Invoice Template – For those who are into the service sector, invoices can truly help in processing and monitoring your transactions. We have pro-forma invoice templates that you may use and avail.
- Tax Invoice Template – If you’re processing a tax claim, you will definitely encounter this invoice. You may monitor and save the tax invoices that were issued to your clients.
Proforma Invoice Template
Sales Invoice Template
Sample Sales Invoice
How to Create a Simple Invoice Template via Excel?
Indeed, templates can give you a hand in creating your invoice template because of the various elements and formatting styles that they offer. However, you must also learn the basics of creating an invoice templates using MS Excel.
- Launch your MS Excel program on your Desktop.
- On the MS Excel interface, click on “File”.
- Then, select “New” to open a new workbook.
- Scroll down to the Microsoft Excel Online or check for an updated name for this as per other MS Excel versions.
- Then, select “Invoices” to open a list of invoice formats that you may choose.
- From the list of invoice formats, choose the format or type of invoice that suits your transaction or the type of service your offer.
- Once you open the template, fill out the blank fields with the necessary details. If you want to create a service invoice template or a general invoice template, ensure that you have consolidated all the necessary details.
- If you’re done, click on “File” and select “Save” to save your the template you’ve made including the modifications you’ve made.
Service Invoice Template
Sample Service Invoice
Simple Invoice Template
Tax Invoice Template
Tax Invoice Example
How to Create an Effective Invoice?
Creating an efficient invoice can help streamline and improve the payment processes in your company. Ultimately, it can have a positive effect in terms of company efficiency. Here are some tips that you may use to make your invoice efficient and effective.
- Adopt a consistent payment policy. If you’re payment policies and procedures are so cluttered, it can really affect the efficiency of your invoice. You have to agree as to the frequency of your payment terms. For instance, in dealing with medical invoice template, you be ensure that the patient understands the terms of payment.
- Adopt a professional format. This is where our templates can truly work their magic. You can refer to them in terms of choosing an appropriate language and format structure. Always use positive and polite languages. As what is reflected in an education invoice template, your professional character must shine through.
- Go for electronic or automated invoices. Manually creating your invoice can be time consuming. By automating them, you can adopt an efficient database to manage all your invoice transactions.
These are some tips that you may use to enhance the quality of invoices that you produce.