Businesses and companies, whose products are subject to VAT, must have checked various invoice formats with an included VAT calculation. These invoice formats, more often than not, are released after a proforma invoice has been signed and approved by a respective customer or client.
106+ FREE INVOICE Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
To some companies, writing an invoice with VAT calculation do take an extra time because of the VAT itself. With this in mind, our team has curated a number of VAT invoice sample templates including reverse charge invoice samples, valid invoice example, and VAT invoice. These templates are downloadable and can be edited at your disposal. Feel free to check each template one by one.
VAT Invoice Template
VAT Invoice Sample
Reverse Charge Invoice
Valid Invoice Example
What is a Vat Invoice?
A VAT invoice is a kind of commercial document or paper which includes the calculation of VAT paid by the customer or client. Usually, the document is electronically generated and its format is similar to basic invoice templates.
In order for a VAT invoice to be valid, the following elements must be present:
- Tax date
- VAT registration number of suppliers
- Amount of goods or services tendered or served
- Amount of VAT charged to th customer
- Acknowledgment by the customer by affixing his signature to the document.
How to Create a VAT Invoice
Unlike other printable invoice templates, and invoice templates, creating a VAT invoice is possible as long as you are familiar with the basic details that the said document must contain, including:
- A series invoice number, which is used for recording and registration purposes.
- Company details, which may include company address, contact number, and registration and licenses numbers.
- VAT registration number, which refers to that of the company’s license number duly registered with proper authorities
- Invoice date, which pertains to the date when the invoice has been issued.
- Customer details, which pertains the customer’s complete name, address, contact numbers, among others.
- Amount figures, which include unit prices excluding and including VAT as well as the total price excluding and including VAT also.
Invoice in Excel
Purposes and Uses of a VAT Invoice
Vat invoices have their own purposes in the business world as well, and some of these are provided below:
- VAT invoices are necessary for businesses and companies in claiming an input tax or refunds.
- VAT invoices serve as proof that there is a transaction or trade that has taken place between the company and the customer.
- VAT invoices are used for recording and registration purposes by the company. Whether the document is based on Excel invoice templates, it remains effective for such purpose.
Guidelines and Tips of VAT Invoice
For a VAT invoice to be effective and valid in a legal manner, the following guidelines and tips must be observed when writing for one:
- Important details must be written comprehensively and legibly in the document. Company and customer details must be present at all times otherwise the transaction itself would become questionable.
- The phrase tax invoice must be seen visibly in the document
- There must be the calculation of the unit prices and VAT charged.
Some companies have resorted to buying an accounting software or application so they can handle their invoices accordingly. Some companies, on the other hand, are checking some tax invoice templates online where they can base their VAT invoice formats on.