How do you know if you have found the best candidate for a job opening in your company? Well, first, you have to know what exactly are the requirements of the job so you can find the ideal person for it. It is important to do your research on the needs of the company to ensure that the vacant position is filled by someone who has what it takes to be a success. So, how do you do this? Start by conducting a job analysis.
Below are some job analysis forms you can use as samples for this task.
Printable Job Analysis Form
Job Safety Analysis Sample
Workplace Environment Job Analysis
Work Demand Job Analysis Form
Job Analysis Template Form
Reclassification Job Analysis Form
Job Task Analysis Form
Let the following tips help you out when you are doing a job analysis.
- Ask employees about each of their positions in the small business and how their jobs impact others in the workplace. This will help you set similar standards for those connected positions.
- Observe employees at work. This will help you better evaluate employees performance. When an employee is having trouble when it comes to performance, ask him or her for ideas on how work can be improved. If you see that the employee’s suggestions can actually help improve performance, then do what you can to implement them in the workplace.
- Use customer surveys to help you determine which of your employees are doing a good job and which of them need to be coached in order to work better. Identify the skills that set your top employees apart from the rest.
- Find out why past employees have left your company. Conduct an exit interview before an employee leaves as this will give you all of the information that you need to know about why the employee decided to leave the company. When you discover why past employees left, this can help point out the problems in your company that you can then fix. You may also see HR questionnaire templates.
- Talk to the customers about their needs. If a customer feels like there should be more people handling customer service, then this should give you the incentive to open up a new position.
- Differentiate the must-have skills from the good-to-have skills that will boost an employee’s chances of getting a position. This is very important as certain jobs will definitely require that an employee possess certain skills and knowledge in order to perform well. On top of that, there are optional skills that an employee can have that will definitely help him or she do the job better. You have to point this out clearly in the job description so that applicants will see if they are qualified for the position and if they have a better chance of getting the job if they have the additional or optional skills that you listed.
- Look at the similar positions in other companies to see the requirements that they set for their employees. This will help you better understand what qualities or requirements certain positions must have or the standards that employees need to meet. You may also see job safety analysis templates.
- See to the employees who are performing at a superior level and try to assess their skills and behavior in the workplace. This will help you see the kind of employee you want to have in the office. So, whenever you conduct hr interviews with applicants, you will be able to better assess them since you already know what you want in a model employee. If you see that an applicant has the same qualities as your model employee, then you can definitely put him or her on your shortlist. You may also see analysis templates.
To know more job analysis and other business topics, check out our other posts.