An admissions counselor is primarily tasked to encourage new students to enroll in the school where he or she is currently employed. The person hired for this job is basically the first point of contact of students with regard to the information that they need to know about the school and other things that they should be aware of if they are to decide to enter a specific learning institution as a student.
Aside from knowing the work functions of an admissions counselor, you may also be interested to browse through our Job Description Samples.
492+ HR Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Apple Keynote, Google Slides - START DOWNLOADING
College Admissions Counselor Job Description Template
Senior Admissions Counselor Job Description Template
Transfer Admissions Counselor Job Description Sample
Regional Admissions Counselor Job Description Template
Admissions Counselor and Office Coordinator Job Description
Sample Admission Counselor Job Description Template
1. Help on Decision Making for School Selection
Selecting which school to go to for a specific academic level is harder than it seems to be. There are many things to consider and there are also a lot of factors that may affect our decisions. It is very important to look for first-hand sources of information to assure that you are well guided in selecting the academy or university where you want to enroll at. If you want to know items about a specific school that you want to attend in and you wish to talk to someone, then the help of an admissions counselor is what you need.
Keep in mind that admissions counselors are there to suggest and not to hardly convince students. Just because you went to seek advice from an admissions counselor does not necessarily mean that you need to fill out the enrollment form of the institution already. Do not be pressured to assure your enrollment especially at times when you think that you are still looking for other alternatives considering the areas that have been presented to you.
Aside from the job description of an admissions counselor, you may also browse through our Consultant Job Description and Administrative Assistant Job Description and learn a thing or two about the functions that the respective jobs require to the person in the position to do.
High School Admissions Counselor Job Description
Graduate Admissions Counselor Job Description Sample
Admissions Counselor/Recruiter Job Description Template
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor Job Description
University Admissions Counselor Job Description
2. Job Functions of an Admissions Counselor
If you are to work as an admissions counselor in a learning institution, here are the following functions that you are expected to do whenever you are in the work place:
- Have a recruitment timeline template where you are to talk to different events in different schools to help possible students know more about the institution where you work for.
- Evaluate the recruitment strategies of the school where you are working for and know whether or not these strategies are effective in getting students that will add value to the work company where you are working.
- Counsel prospective students about the advantages that they can get should they apply for admissions in your school.
- Assure that all questions of possible students are properly answered may it be sent through phone, e-mail, or via a physical encounter.
- Record all transactions and have a file that may be used as a reference in terms of the admissions counseling of the school and the results of such.
- Work with the registrar of different schools and create a program where you can actually try to recruit exceptional students.
- Oversee the overall counseling activities of the school especially those with regards to admissions.
If you think that you will excel more on office works rather than conversing to possible students of schools, then you may browse through our Office Administrator Job Description and see if your qualifications and liking match the work.