Whenever we attend events, it is for sure that there will be food that is to be served. Especially on functions like weddings and birthdays, it is always the food that people are excited about other than the celebration in which an occasion has been made for.
It is the job of the catering services to assure that everyone in the event will be filled with scrumptious treats and that they enjoy the food that is being served to them. Also, there are many other functions that people in the catering industry needs to do to assure that excellent customer service is given to their clients and their guests during events. You may take a look at our Job Description Samples to have more information about other jobs that you may be interested to know.
492+ HR Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Apple Keynote, Google Slides - START DOWNLOADING
Catering Supervisor Job Description Template
Catering Assistant Job Description Template
Deputy Catering Manager Job Description Sample
Catering Sales Executive Job Description Template
Event Catering Job Description Example
Sample Catering Sales Manager Job Description
1. Catering Supervisor
A catering supervisor is the head of the catering services. He or she is tasked to do the following job functions:
- Assures that all the food ordered for an event will be delivered in the location on time
- Makes sure that the set up for the food service is pleasing to the eyes of the client and the guests
- Takes note of all the things that are needed for the catering service, especially the utensils and other materials used for food preparation and consumption
- Assures that all the workforce needed for a specific catering service is present and is at the location on time
- Makes sure that the food to be served are presented well and is clean
2. Catering Servers
Employees who mainly get most of the physical work requirements in a specific catering service are the servers. Catering servers are expected to do the following work requirements during a catering service:
- Serve food to the guests
- Have knowledge of proper food serving and being able to know what to do should the catering service be plated or served in buffet style
- Assure that the food that they are to serve is of proper proportions
- Knowledge on the food to be served as they are most likely to be asked by guests about the menu
- Ability to work fast and efficiently at the same time
Other than our catering job description templates, you may also download our Server Job Description Template and Chief Operating Officer Job Description to serve as your references for the specific job functions.
Catering Manager Job Description Template
Catering Coordinator Job Description Sample
School Catering Assistant Job Description Template
Catering Associate Job Description Template
Catering Staff Job Description Sample
3. Catering Sales Executive
A catering sales executive is the person who is handling the accounts of the clients who would like to acquire the catering services of the company where he or she is working at. The tasks of a catering sales executive include the following:
- Ability to properly present the services of the company to possible clients
- Knowledge on the catering needs of clients and the skill to tap on those needs to turn sales meetings into actual sales
- Have a professional and lasting relationship with affiliates and suppliers
- Knowledge on catering services and the skill to assure that all the principles of proper catering services are applied during the event
Other than catering, there are also other companies that need sales executives. You may browse through our Sales Job Description Template for a more in depth discussion about the job functions of people in the field of sales.
If you think that you can do the job functions and work requirements of the positions being enumerated above, then the catering industry is just waiting for your application Samples.