A dispatcher usually works for a transportation organization; a courier; or, mostly, emergency services whose main designation is to dispatch equipment, people, vehicles, and other items that are needed from a specific place to its destination.
It is very important for a dispatcher to know the items to be dispatched, the schedule that these items are supposed to be dispatched, and the proper recording of dispatching activities. Other than our dispatcher job description templates, you may also view other job description samples for you to know more about many other jobs that you may be interested to apply at.
Service Dispatcher Job Description Template
Dispatch Coordinator Job Description Sample
Dispatcher Agent Job Description Template
Transit Dispatcher Job Description Sample
Assistant Dispatcher Job Description Template
1. Job Functions of a Dispatcher
The work load of a dispatcher may vary depending on the industry where he or she is working at. However, here are a few duties that are needed to be done almost in all the fields where dispatchers and their services are needed:
- Answer customer calls and make sure that proper and accurate information about dispatching services, updates, and operations are properly relayed.
- Dispatch all items and/or people at the time where they are supposed to be dispatched.
- Assure that all messages regarding dispatching services are answered and that clients know the information that they are needed to be knowledgeable about.
- Do follow-ups of all the pending transactions and other work logs templates that are needed to be done and implemented.
- Know the proper dispatching scheduling method to assure efficiency of transactions being made.
- Maintain a service invoice record and be sure that correct items are placed in the collection of data.
- Maintain the history of clients in a database to make sure that references are available should it be needed in the future.
- Coordinate schedules with the different stakeholders in the dispatching services to be provided.
Other than our templates about the job description of a dispatcher, you may also download our Purchasing Agent Job Description and Project Manager Job Description .
Police Dispatcher Job Description Template
Dispatch Manager Job Description Template
Dispatch Supervisor Job Description
Taxi Dispatcher Job Description Template
Emergency Medical Dispatcher Job Description
General Dispatch Supervisor Job Description Template
2. Dispatch Manager and Supervisor
A dispatch team also need to have a head to whom they are to report. A dispatch manager or supervisor is needed in every dispatch operations to assure that there is someone who overlooks all the operations that are linked with dispatching. Here are a few job functions that are needed to be done by a dispatch manager or supervisor: You may also see Manager Job Description Templates
- Report to the head of the technical department or any other department where dispatch services are needed.
- Lead the entire dispatch team in assuring that all processes are following the guidelines given by a specific client or the company where they are working at.
- Assure that all the people in the dispatch and warehouse department are efficiently functioning and that all transactions are done in the time period that it is needed to be delivered.
- Multitask especially at times when there are many dispatching transactions that are needed to be done at the same time or within the duration of a specific working day.
- Familiarize with the practices and procedures of dispatching services.
- Know the systems that are used in dispatching.
- Prepare input and suggestions to improve the performance of the dispatching team.
If you want to know more about another job other than a dispatcher, you may be interested to browse through our Customer Service Job Description and see if your qualifications, interest, and skills match with the job of people in the field of customer service.