A drafter may also be called as an architectural detail personnel. The person in this this job is mainly tasked to develop drawings for specific project proposals and details the items that are included in the drawing to assure that projects are well planned and can be implemented properly. In the field where these people work, coordination with the overall design team is very essential as the work of a drafter will be one of the main foundations of the project.
There are many fields and industries that need the services of drafters, but they are mostly hired in architectural jobs and functions. Aside from the job description of a drafter, we can also provide you with job description samples, which may be used for many other professional fields of expertise.
492+ HR Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Apple Keynote, Google Slides - START DOWNLOADING
Architectural Drafter Job Description
Mechanical Drafter Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
Civil Drafter Job Description
Senior Structural Drafter Job Description
Job Functions of a Drafter
In his everyday work, a drafter is expected to do the following functions:
- There is a need for drafters to assure the proper measurements of his or her drawings and all the areas included in the design must be applicable to the materials that will be used for the project.
- Assistance in overseeing all the aspects of the overall design is very important to assure that the information needed by different stakeholders of the project will be answered based on facts.
- Development of the details of construction is also an important part of the functions of a drafter as there are design items that are needed to be changed within the period of design implementation especially if the items involved do not really physically look or go well together.
- A drafter is also required to research for different materials that can be used for specific projects so to assure that he or she is knowledgeable of the type and kind of material that will work best for a specific project.
- A drafter must always check the accuracy of the design in every process that a specific project undergoes. An error in one process an actually affect many or all the other processes involved.
Other than the functions of a drafter, you may also be interested to know more about the Graphic Designer Job Description.
Assistant Drafter Job Description
Program Support Drafter Job Description
CAD Drafter Job Description
Junior Drafter Job Description
Solar Drafter Job Description
On Dimensions and Project Budget
It is very important for drafters to take note of the dimensions and the budget of a specific project for the following reasons:
- A project dimension stated in a design created by a drafter is what will be followed to create the overall blueprint and planning of a project. If any of the dimensions included in the work of the drafter is not measured properly or is inaccurate; it may result to additional costs, additional purchase of items, more work functions to be done and longer hours of work processes which will also result to additional payment for workforce and the delay of the project in terms of achieving its timeline.
- The project budget is also important to be considered before creating the project draft as it will let the drafter know the design to be applied to a specific project depending on the budget given. The materials and other items that are needed will also be based on the money that the client is willing to provide for the entire implementation of the project vision.
If you think that the job functions of a drafter is not for you, then you may want to try to browse through our Carpenter Job Description and see if your technical skills can be applied in the specific kind of work.