A Job Interview Email is an email that a candidate receives to appear for the interview for the organization that he applied for. This is the email that states whether a candidate or an applicant can sit for the interview or not. The email is sent by the recruiter, employer or by the HR department of the organization.
4+ Job Interview Email Templates in PDF | DOC
1. Sample Job Interview Email
2. Thank You Email For Job Interview
3. Job Interview Email Example
4. Email After Job Interview
5. Formal Job Interview Email
How to Prepare a Job Interview Email?
Step 1: The Reason for the Email
Before you type down any email the first thing that you need to do is to understand the reason for which you are typing the email. If you are giving an invitation for a job interview the tone will be different. Suppose the mail is for giving the result of the interview the candidate appeared, the word will be different.
Therefore before you write the email make sure you are clear about the purpose of the email.
Step 2: Practice Before You Draft the Final Email
Before you write the email. You can practice or develop a rough version of the email content. This will help you to structure the original version and you will have a clear idea of what to write and how much to write. Preparing a rough version can provide you enough help.
Step 3: Start the Letter With the Greetings and the Salutation
You have to make use of the business letter format. Greet the person, then address the person with “To Mr. or Ms” and then the name. You can also use ” Dear”. This will create an air of comfort. Below that you can mention the candidate’s contact information, address, and contact number.
Step 4: The Introduction
The introduction includes the name of the person who is writing and the letter the organization name. In this part, you need to mention the reason for which you are writing the letter. The introduction should include the issue behind the drafting of this letter.
Step 5: The Body
You can divide the body into different sections and paragraphs. This will include an explanation of the reason. The body of the letter should include the complete detail and the purpose because of which you have prepared the letter. Each and every detail should be mentioned and you should not mention any information.
Step 6: The Closing Statement
This is the section where you wrap up the letter. The closing statement should be impressive and should contain the intention of the letter in brief. The intention of a closing statement is to remind the reader ones again the reason for which he has received the letter.
Step 7: The Signature and the Name
You can attach your signature after you end your letter. Below your signature, you have to write your full name and then you have to provide the information such as the designation, company name, and the contact details.
Why is a Job Interview Email Important?
A job interview email is a medium through which you communicate the interviewee about the interview or the interview results. The information can also be sent through text message but the email is a more formal and formal style of communicating the information.
The email is very important and a necessary part of the whole interview process. Communicating anything via email makes it official. There anything that is related to the job interview of the candidate or candidates must be done through the usage of email.
In the part of the candidate if they receive anything related to there job interview via email they feel assured and are confirmed of the fact which is written in the email. This is a more assured way of communicating any information.
Some Tips to Write the Job Interview Email
- The structure should be in a business letter format. In case you are not using the complete letter format you have to keep in mind that you are using a formal structure.
- The tone should be formal. You are writing an official letter. Therefore even if you write the congratulation make sure that the tone is formal. You cannot be too excited. It is advised that you avoid the use of any type of emotion.
- Keep it Short. The motive of your letter is to communicate certain information. Therefore you cannot go one writing. You have to be short and brief. Nobody has the time to keep on reading a long email.
- Include all the information that is necessary for the candidate to know. You can end the letter with the statement that the candidate can contact you for further details. But if possible include everything that is necessary for the candidate to know.