A plumber is a person who provides plumbing services especially in those situations that require repairs and preventive maintenance of plumbing contraptions. Also, plumbers are responsible for the installation of plumbing mechanisms that are usually used by residences and other living spaces. Although, companies and other establishments also need the services of plumbers, especially if the presence of an employee who knows how to apply plumbing processes in the workplace is unavailable.
It is very important for plumbers to be ready all the time as plumbing services may actually vary depending on the need of the client. Working hours of plumbers are indefinite as people can call for their services at any times of the day. Aside from the job functions of a plumber, we also have other samples of a job description template for different jobs in many professional fields.
Apprentice Plumber Job Description Template
Residential Plumber Job Description Sample
Commercial Plumber Job Description
General Plumber Job Description Template
Plumbing Supervisor Job Description
1. Job Functions of a Plumber
A few of the tasks that is required for a plumber to do and efficiently provide are as follows:
- Respond to the reported plumbing problems and faults by clients.
- Assure that the diagnosis and application of repair are efficient for the clients do not experience the problem again or for the reoccurrence of such problems is prevented.
- Be available for the maintenance of plumbing units for specific periods of time especially if the client has already made an agreement with the plumber for such services.
- Provide reports and feedback to the client regarding the status of their plumbing mechanisms for the client to know the current condition of such.
- Determine the layout of filtration depending on the blueprints being given during construction.
- Knowledge of plumbing systems and processes is very important.
- Acknowledge the need to assess maintenance issues so that worse scenarios in terms of plumbing will not arise in the future.
- Know the areas of plumbing where most defects and repairs are usually done to help the clients know preventive measures especially in these parts.
- Install plumbing mechanisms in the location of the client.
- Be aware of the safety and quality standards that are needed to be applied in plumbing services.
- Make sure that the plumbing activities done will provide satisfaction to the client.
- Knowledge of the use of tools being used in plumbing services.
Other than the job description of plumbers, you may also have knowledge of Machine Operator Job Description by browsing through the link provided.
Plumbing Inspector Job Description
Master Plumber Job Description Sample
Assistant Plumber Job Description Template
Multi Skilled Plumber Job Description
Senior Plumber Job Description Sample
Sample Plumber Job Description
2. Job Qualifications of a Plumber
If you want to pursue a career in the plumbing industry, here are a few qualities and qualifications that you should have: You may also see Job Description Templates in Word Format.
- Ability to properly communicate with clients and assure that the needs of the clients are well heard and interpreted.
- A plumber must be highly organized as there are many tools that are needed to be used for different functions and plumbing processes.
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical and other technical skills are highly recommended to be acquired by aspiring plumbers.
- Work experience in terms of giving plumbing services is highly recommended.
- Also, there are countries which require their plumbers to have licenses to assure that the plumbing services being acquired by people are legal,
Plumbers play a vital role in specific aspects of our daily lives as they help us in assuring that the plumbing systems that we have at home are always ready to be used and that emergencies may not arise concerning it so do not affect our daily processes and schedules. Aside from our description of a plumber’s job, you may also download our Controller Job Description.