If you’re a teacher that focuses on teaching kindergartners, then you should make sure that you’re able to teach them all the basics that they need to learn. And, one of the best ways to do that is by providing these children with sheets that contain activities that will help them gain the knowledge they need. You may also see kid’s worksheet templates
For this, you need to come up with a well-made simple worksheet that will teach these kindergartners what they need to learn. So, this article is going to teach you how you’re going to create this kind of worksheet.
374+ School Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), HTML5, WordPress, Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI). - START DOWNLOADING
Samples of Kindergarten Worksheet
Kindergarten Class Worksheet
Letter Practice Worksheet
Kindergarten Alphabet Worksheet
Kindergarten Writing Worksheet
Reading Comprehension Worksheet
How to Come Up with Content for Your Kindergarten Worksheet
While you can always search for worksheet templates online to get what you need, you might want to create or customize these templates to what best suits the level of your students. This means that you’re going to have to come up with content that ensures that these kindergartners get what they need to learn. So here are the steps that you should take to figure out what your kindergarten worksheet should contain:
1. Figure Out the Best Way to Teach Your Students
Before you even start with the process of creating a basic worksheet, you have to think about this question “Do you think that giving your kindergartners a worksheet is the best way for them to learn?”. Although this may seem like a silly question to ask, it might be that a couple of your little students might be better off in learning in a different way. So, what you’re going to have to do is to see how well your students respond to the different methods available. Let’s say that you’ve decided to go with a more verbal approach to see if your students take in knowledge better by simply listening. If the students don’t respond well to this, then you can try your hand with the worksheet and see if the students prefer a method where they can take their time in learning through the help of visual cues. You may also like worksheet templates for teacher
2. Focus on the Subject you are Trying to Teach your Students
You won’t be able to create content if you don’t even know the main subject that your worksheet is going to focus on. If one day you’re going to focus on teaching the kindergartners shapes, then be sure that your worksheet contents are all shape-related. If you’re trying to teach them about colors, then your worksheet content better teach them about the red, blue, yellow and so on. Go through your lesson plan if you have to see how far your students are in their lessons.
3. Assess What your Students Should be Learning
Once you’ve decided on the subject that your worksheet should focus on, the next thing that you need to focus on understanding what they’re ready to learn. So, this is where you should conduct a simple assessment as to what you think your students are capable of learning with their current level. Once you’ve done the assessment, then you should have an idea as to what you should place on the worksheet.
The Basics that Your Kindergarten Worksheet Should Contain
Once you’re done assessing what you think your students should be learning, the next step is to actually place content in the worksheet. But just because you’re coming up with your own content does not mean that you should forget the basics things that a simple kindergarten worksheet should contain. So, if you’re going to come up with one, be sure that you include the following:
1. Basic Information
Spaces wherein the kindergartners can place their basic information in. It’s not like an application form where a student has to provide a ton of information, all you want to do is find out the simple stuff. So, while creating your worksheet, you have to ensure that you have little spaces where the children can place their complete names, the date that they’re taking on the worksheet, and their grade level (in this case, kindergartners).
The main point of your worksheet will depend entirely on this one factor. If you know the subject that should be on the basic worksheet and the level where all of your kindergartners are already at, then creating it shouldn’t be that much of a problem. So, here are a few examples of the subjects that kindergarten teachers would usually focus on while teaching their students:
- Math – Now don’t go overboard with this, you’re not trying to teach them trigonometry or calculus. They’re kindergartners, so the best topic for them is the basic addition and subtraction. If you think that they’re ready, then you can have them go with simple multiplication and division. Anything higher than that may be a bit harder.
- Letters – This is usually the first step for kindergartners before they start writing words. By allowing them to master how to write the different letters of the alphabet, you’ll be able to develop their technical skills.
- Color – You want them to be able to identify the simplest of colors just so they will be able to determine the general colors of the different types of items, animals, or pieces of food. So when coming up with ways for students to learn, you can have them fill color in colorless figures to see how they understand colors. You may also see daily worksheet templates
- Words – When teaching kindergartners words, you’re not going to go into full detail by providing them with a long explanation as to what it means. It’s best that you provide them with an image of the word, then you place the word itself right below it with a few letters taken out. This way, you’ll be able to see if these students have been able to learn the basic words or if they still need help in understanding as to what they mean. You may also like worksheet templates
- Senses – This would be touch, smell, hear, taste and sight. Although you can’t exactly let your students feel all these senses with a general worksheet, you can convey examples wherein the different senses are explained. For example, you provide images on your worksheet where the kindergartners have to determine as to what sense is being portrayed. This way, you’ll have an easier time understanding as to whether or not your students understand what these senses are.
While making the instructions as to how the kindergartners should tackle the worksheet that you’ve made, all you have to do is ensure that your instructions are simple enough for your students to understand, yet contain enough detail to tell them what they need to do. Also, your instructions depend on the subject the kindergartners are trying to learn. You may also see vocabulary worksheet templates
Having images on a worksheet is a great way for a child to better understand what he/she should be learning. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is that the images that you’re going to choose to use have to be in line with the subject that you’re trying to teach your students. You wouldn’t want to have numbers when letters are the main topic, right? You may also like printable preschool worksheets
Also, if you’re going to customize your own images into these worksheets, it’s better that you add in color to them. Lack of color will make your kindergartners feel uninterested and that in turn will make them think that these worksheets are more of a chore than something that will help them engage in learning. So be sure to make use of vibrant colors – ones that really stand out – on these images so that your kindergartners will really be able to take in whatever they see on your worksheet. You may also see project worksheet templates
The Importance of Having these Worksheets
You have to wonder why you need these worksheets. Although you know that these kindergartners have to use them, you don’t exactly know why.
So let’s start with the purpose of learning. The worksheet is one of the best ways to get your students to learn, especially if it caters to their style of grasping knowledge. It’s detailed enough, yet not overbearing to the point where they get confused. You may also like fun math worksheet templates
Another advantage is that a worksheet allows the kindergartners to be more engaged with classroom activities. Doing things with your hands is much more interesting than just listening, especially for children who don’t exactly have the highest attention spans. So by giving them more worksheets, you will be giving them the opportunity to learn while being entertained. You may also see missing numbers worksheets
And lastly, it’s to gauge their grasp on the subject. Depending on what the kindergartners answer on your worksheet, you’ll be able to see those who have already mastered the basics and those who still need help in figuring them out. So make sure that you take full advantage of this type of worksheet. You may also like simple algebra worksheets
If you would like to learn more on how to create a kindergarten worksheet or anything related to this particular topic, then all you have to do is go through our site until you find the articles that contain the information that should be able to help you out. You may also see multiplying fractions worksheets