Whenever someone makes an application, such as for entering a college or for a fellowship, there is always the possibility of rejection. If you happen to be writing such a letter yourself, you may want to use rejection letter templates as aids to make the job easier, and to save you time otherwise spent writing from scratch.
Writing a rejection letter would involve certain steps if you were to make one that would work effectively. In most forms of business correspondence, you would be expected to write your letter in a polite manner so as not to damage your academy’s reputation and scare off potential applicants.
College Application Rejection
College Rejection Letter
Sample Rejection Letter in Word
How to Appeal College Rejection Letters
On the other hand, if you happen to receive a college rejection letter template yourself, you can research some steps you can take to appeal the decision, such as:
- Identify to whom you can send your appeal letters. You should send copies of your appeal to school personnel who can help with your appeal, as might be the case if you were dealing with a professional job applicant rejection letter.
- Present new information. If there is new relevant information that can influence the school’s decision, do mention it.
- You may include personal information. If you have some kind of issue, such as a health problem, you can include it if it is relevant to your admission.
How to Write College Rejection Letters
When making any kind of rejection letter in PDF, you would have to follow certain steps to make the letter correctly, including:
- Be sure to mention the applicant’s choice of program so as to refer to it in the letter.
- Then mention that you regretfully cannot accept them into the program.
- Your application rejection letter should also mention what a difficult decision this was, based on the number of applicants they receive each year.
- List the specific reasons why you cannot accept this applicant, albeit tactfully so as to take the sting out of it.
- Thank the applicant for trying for your school, and wish them luck wherever they go.
Guidelines for Writing a College Rejection Letter
There are some guidelines that can be used when you make your college rejection letters. As with other kinds of documents, these tips can definitely help you make your eventual documents all the more effective, being that they can guide you in the use of these letters.
- Remember to be polite. Even a formal rejection letter is meant to be tactful, so it is important that you be firm but polite. After all, your school’s reputation could be injured by any untoward comments on your part
- Be encouraging. Despite these letters being rejection, it is still politic to provide your rejected applicant with a measure of encouragement. Even if the applicant has not been accepted to your school, you should wish him luck at a school more suited to him.
- Do not beat around the bush. If you are going to reject an applicant, do so directly and firmly so as to make it clear that he has not been accepted.
- Be specific with individual applicants. You may reject different applicants for different reasons, so you should make those reasons clear for individual applicants so as to help them.
If you need other kinds of letter templates, or just other templates in general, you should know that you can easily find such templates right here on this site.