Whenever someone is seeking or applying for a job, apart from a resume, a cover letter format is also part of the whole process. It is a letter that provides detailed information on why you are qualified for the job you are applying for. You must not repeat what’s on your resume when making a job application letter; instead, include specific information on why you’re a strong match for the employer’s job requirements.
Here, you will be able to see a wide variety of cover letter template examples. These templates are download-ready and can be printed too. And since these are templates, all of them are already precreated and preformatted for a much easy and simple cover letter making. You can see more of our samples below.
Internship Cover Letters
Job Cover Letters
What Is a Cover Letter?
It is a letter that provides well-detailed information on why you are qualified for the position you are applying for. It is a document submitted explaining the applicant’s credentials and interest in the open position. A cover letter template in word includes specific information on why you’re a strong match for the employer’s job requirements.
What Is the Difference Between a Job Application Letter and a Cover Letter?
There are huge differences between these two letters. Although their names are sometimes being used interchangeably. A job application letter is often intended to stand on its own, whereas a cover letter generally can’t be the applicant’s only document submitted to express interest in a job opening. Cover letters contain a precise introduction. In a sense,
- A sample job application letter is patterned with simple data. It serves more as a listing with minimal information like your name, social security, and so on. It also acts as a way to create a comparison in the same aspect. A job application is usually filled out on the spot.
- A resume cover letter is pretty unique since it allows you to showcase your skills and talents. It can change your resume depending on the job. This letter provides more information about job experience and skills. This can be presented in a more professional way and is sent to prospective employer.
When creating either a cover or job application letter, templates are advisable for a more convenient process. In here, we offer not just cover letter templates, we also have simple cover letter templates for those who want a less complicated format.
Resume Cover Letters
Fresher Cover Letters
Email Cover Letters
Tips on How to Write a Cover Letter
- You may utilize your cover letter to define more details that you were not able to add on your resume. A job cover letter allows you to write in full sentence instead of bullet points. Expound more, explain why they will consider you as a part of the company, and why you are a great fit.
- Determine what you can do for the company. Show them you have the skills and talents that they are looking for, and you will use these for the company’s benefit.
- Instead of telling the prospective employers about you have done in the past, tell them what are the potential things you can do in the future.
- Do not forget to include your skills and qualifications. Focus on what are the needed abilities the employer is looking for.
- Frankly, it is not necessary to over-focus on your educational attainment. What the employer cares about so much is your work experiences, and that includes being a volunteer or internship.
- It is not your fault if you do not meet all the job requirements, so do not apologize for skills you don’t have. Rather than providing attention to your weaknesses, try to focus on the skills you do have and you can contribute.
- Create an emphasis to your right experiences. That’s what the hiring employer is looking for the most.
- Most of the companies want to know that you are indeed interested in the job position and the company itself. So think characteristically and not too conserved.
You can always start with a template. There is completely nothing wrong when relying on templates for a little bit of help. Our easy-to-download sample cover letters are all right here. For other classification, we also have sales cover letters. With these letter samples, you will surely get the position you’re applying for in no time.
Business Cover Letters
Standard Business Cover Letter
Customer Service Cover Letters
Entry Level Customer Service
Retail Customer Service
Bank Customer Service
Data Entry Cover Letters
Entry Level Data Entry
Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Operator
Employment Cover Letters
Why Is a Cover Letter Necessary in Terms of Job Hunting?
And why shouldn’t it be? It allows you to target not just the job but the employer as well, and in a detailed manner. Your resume needs less dissecting with every information since the cover letter, which may differ each time, serves as the helping tool in that matter, just like with our cover letter formats and administrative assistant cover letters that we offer.
A presentable and great application cover letter should not just mirror your resume in a shorter manner but should provide information to the employer what it is about the job that you find appealing and why you want to get the said position and work for that certain employer. You must not forget to include the distinct skills you will bring to the employer if ever you will be hired.
What Is a Cover Letter for Journal Submission?
It is a type of short cover letter made particularly for publishing one’s own work. They are another aspect of academic profession that seems to go unaddressed in many graduate programs. With tons of journals out there, it can be alarming to find out where you should send out your work. For this type of approach, a cover letter is necessary, especially when planning to approach your adviser or professors. Also, If you see some papers from a certain journal then that may be a good prospective publication.
There are surely tons of cover letter templates available on the web. In this page, apart from the cover letters mentioned, we also offer executive assistant cover letters, these are best for those planning to apply for the said position. There are cover letters made just for that. You can check them out.
Graduate Cover Letters
Law Cover Letters
Marketing Cover Letters
Sales and Marketing
Entry Level Marketing
Nursing Cover Letters
Entry Level Nursing
Sales Cover Letters
Do’s and Don’ts When Writing Up a Cover Letter
It’s not rocket science, but there is a certain standard in writing them. Here are the dos and dont’s when writing your cover letter:
- Don’t make your first paragraph as a boring and lame introduction. Make use of this opportunity to entice your employer’s attention. Provide reasons why you are qualified for the job.
- Don’t forget to send your resume with a cover letter.
- Don’t be too gender specific when making a cover letter salutation for a blind ad.
- Don’t use too much pleonasms (redundant word or expression) when making your letter.
- Don’t rely too much on the employer to take action. You can do it yourself. Request for an interview or for any update. It is a must that you follow up.
- Don’t send a cover letter that contains any grammar lapses, misspellings, or punctuation misuse.
- Don’t forget to personally sign the letter.
- Do ask the employer how you can meet his or her demands and how you can contribute to the company.
- Do create a distinction between your cover letter from those other job applicants. You can do it by giving examples that emphasize and prove the claims you make in your letter.
- Do your best to answer the question that the hiring manager will be asking like “Why should I hire this you?” Answer it with conviction.
- Do avoid negativity at all cost. Negativity never has a place in a cover letter. This can only ruin everything.
- Do use convincing action verbs.
- Do use e-mailed cover letters, but keep them brief and more straightforward.
These are essential when a writing cover letter for a job. Always remember these helpful tips. These can be a great help for an applicant like you. Not just that, if you want a more easy and on-point cover letter, we got them all right here. For those planning to apply for a teacher profession, our teacher cover letters can do the job for you. These are all ready-made and easily printable.