A cover letter is used to accompany a resume during a candidate’s initial application processes. A cover letter and a resume are the two documents that contain information about the applicant’s qualifications, competencies, and characteristics. Since a cover letter is used to support the content of a resume, it is highly suggested to refrain from repeating the content of the resume in the cover letter.
If you want to format a cover letter, it will be easier and faster for you to do so by using a template. We have curated different cover letter templates that you may use as references in creating a cover letter for the specific position that you are applying for. The cover letters or application letters that you may download from this post are usable in different fields and professions. We can provide you with more Free Cover Letter Samples in the provided link.
Academic Cover Letter
Business Cover Letter
Business Development Manager
What Is the Purpose of a Cover Letter?
The creation of a cover letter is due to the following reasons:
- As mentioned above, a cover letter is the document that serves as a support of an applicant’s resume. It is one of the first documents that are viewed and assessed by the Human Resource department of a company during hiring processes.
- A sample cover letter, compared to a resume, can be more conversational. It allows the prospective company of the candidate to know more information about the applicant.
- A cover letter can discuss the items that cannot be included in a resume but is still an essential information that can be helpful in an application. As an example, it can list the instances where the competencies of the applicant has been useful.
If you think that the usage of a cover letter will be beneficial for your application, you may browse through our downloadable Free Cover Letter Template samples in the provided link.
Academic Cover Letters
An academic cover letter can be used for the following applications:
- It can be used by a student who would like to apply as a Student Assistant. The departments of the academic institution that need Student Assistants usually require a application cover letter to assure that the student can still focus on his or her studies while rendering assistance in the particular school department where he or she will be accepted.
- Academic cover letters may also be used by teacher applicants. An academic teacher cover letter usually contains the experiences of the candidate in teaching and other items that are related to the academe especially with regards to the requirements of the teacher position that the applicant is applying for.
If you want to have more samples of Simple Cover Letter templates, check out what our business archives provide.
Data Entry Cover Letter
Data Entry Operator
Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Specialist
Executive Cover Letter
Finance Cover Letter
Graduate Cover Letter
Engineering Graduate Student
Graduate School Application
Professional Cover Letters
Aside from its usage in the field of academics, a cover letter format is also commonly used in work applications. A professional cover letter should have the following information:
- The supporting details of the applicant’s qualifications
- The talents, abilities and other technical skills of the applicant that is not related to the job position he or she is targeting but may still be used in some areas of the company operations
- Information about the work ethics of the applicant
- The relation of the previous job positions of the candidate to the job position that he or she would like to have.
- The knowledge of the applicant on the company operations and the usage of the systems used by the business.
We can provide you with more Cover Letter Template samples in the provided link. More so, we also have Entry Level Cover Letter templates that can be used as references by fresh graduates and career shifters in creating their cover letter for professional work applications.
HR Cover Letter
High School Student Cover Letter
High School Student
High School Teacher
High School Internship
Marketing Cover Letter
Marketing Sales Manager
When to Use a Cover Letter
The application processes in different fields vary. More so, companies also have their own ways on how to identify a qualified candidate. The usage of a cover letter can make or break your application. A few suggestions on when you can use a cover letter are as follows:
- Write a cover letter if your prospective company asks for it.
- Research the application processes of the company where you want to work for and identify whether they prefer applications with cover letters or not.
- Assess the job position that you are applying for especially the kind of competition that you might have. If you think that a cover letter can give you advantages in the application processes, then create a cover letter.
If you want to send a cover letter through e-mail, use our Email Cover Letter Template samples for references. Also, we can provide you with downloadable samples of Teacher Cover Letter templates and more samples of Word Cover Letters here on our website.
Nursing Cover Letter
Resume Cover Letter
Teacher Cover Letter
Guidelines for Writing a Cover Letter
A few guidelines that you may follow in creating a cover letter include these items:
- Be precise. Assure that the information that you will write in your job cover letter is helpful in your application.
- Avoid grammatical errors. Especially if you are applying for a job position where communication skills is greatly needed, the errors in your cover letter can defeat the purpose of the usage of this document.
- Maintain professionalism. Just because a cover letter is a supplement to your resume does not mean that your prospective employer will not take its content in consideration. It is very important for your cover letter to remain business-like and applicable to be used for a corporate transaction.
If you want to use a cover letter specifically formatted to fit the requirements of the sales industry, you may download our samples and templates of Printable Sales Cover Letters in the link provided.