After the tough stages of the recruitment process done by the hiring company, an applicant is selected to have formal job offer from the hiring company. To inform the applicant in a formal and professional manner, the company either calls the applicant in for an appointment or gives a written document to the applicant, via print or in email, known as an employment offer letter. You may also see Letter Samples.
This job offer letter explains the important details regarding the acceptance of the application as well as the reasons for hiring the applicant. For further information, the following employment offer letter template samples provided on this website presents the outline and the information to be written on the employment offer letter.
Simple Employment Offer Letter Template
Simple Part Time Employment Offer Letter Template
Simple Restaurant Part Time Employment Offer Letter Template
Simple Restaurant Employment Offer Letter Template
Simple Offer Letter of Recommendation Template
Accepting a Job Offer – Email Example
Job Offer Letter
Sample Letter of Decline
Key Information in an Employment Offer Letter
Job offer letters contain important information about the job position being offered for employment listed as follows:
- Location and Date – An employment offer letter must contain the job offer itself regarding the position together with the how the applicant reports to the work location and the date he starts working.
- Job Description – Similar to how a consultant offer letter template is made, the duties and the responsibilities about the job position being offered is specified on the employment offer letter.
- Compensation and Other Benefits – This includes the pay the applicant will receive together with the overtime rates. Additional benefits like medical plan, vacation and sick leaves and bonuses must also be stated on the employment offer letter.
- Employment conditions – Just like a contract offer letter template, other employment terms followed by the employees of the company is written for the applicant to know other obligations to the company. Examples of this are the confidentiality and non-compete statements.
- Due date for confirmation – There is a set time frame that the company gives to the applicant for him to think about the offer. Just as appointment letter templates need to state the deadline for completion to imply urgency, stating how long the applicant has to accept will show the applicant that his acceptance or decline is also an urgent matter.
Employment/Promotion Offer Letter
Conditional Employment Withdraw Letter
Sample Thank You Letter
Employment Offer Sample
Sample Job Offer Letter
Tips to Writing an Effective Employment Offer Letter
With the various offer letter formats you can refer to on this website, here are the tips you can follow in order to write an effective employment offer letter for your chosen candidate:
- State the employment terms and conditions with clarity. It is essential for you to write clearly the key information to be included in the offer letter. Important points like compensation, job title and descriptions, and employee obligations should be seen on the offer letter you are making.
- Refrain from putting too much information on the offer letter. Most offer letter templates only contains the key information the applicant would need to know to aid him in deciding to accept the offer or not. Other employment concerns that should be done during a personal meeting should not be included.
- Avoid implying a guarantee of long term employment. Terms that imply indefinite length of employment must be avoided when writing an employment offer letter.
The information on the employment letter should include not only those related to the job position but also your company’s enthusiasm and excitement to the applicant for being a new asset to the company. These employment offer letter sample templates are available for you to sift through and to download for use.