A thing or two that our parents taught us when we were little kids was the basic manners. Manners such as saying you are sorry or saying excuse me in a crowded room because you want to pass by the people in there. Another manner is giving gratitude or simply saying “thank you”. What our parents generally meant by this is that we must thank someone if he or she does something good for us or in a way can benefit our actions and life. We still bring that action now and we cannot help but smile and feel appreciated if someone says thank you to us for something we have done for them whether we were aware of it or not at the moment. You may also see business thank you letters.
Now we know that this kind of gesture brings a good feeling to people being thanked, this article will tell you why it is also essential to write a follow up thank you letter to your boss, a friend, a faraway cousin etc. This article will also explain to you the importance of being an appreciative person. Additional to that, we will also be providing you tips on how to write a thank you letter so that it will help you in your future plans along with templates to guide you even more. Now, read along and thank us later.
In this first part of the article, we will be talking about why being an appreciative person is important and beneficial to one’s own very life. Try to ask yourself first if you are a thankful person. Right after, remember the times that someone had helped you, were you thankful right after? If so, did you say it and was genuine about it? If not, do you wish to have said it back then? How can you make it up to them now? Will you just merely say it blatantly, or with a heart and projecting it with your actions? Try to ponder on that as you read along the next few lines as we are going to show you the reasons why being an appreciative person is important and beneficial now. These are the reasons:
1. You are in the Present. Being thankful for the things around you makes you value the present more and keeps you away from thinking too much of the pastor being scared of the future. You may also see thank you letter for interview.
2. It Steers the Story of Your Life. We can never deny that we will face pain in our lives. Small or big, it affects us and at times, frustrates us to the point that we would not stop crying and feel miserable for a period of time. It is one of life’s feelings that we can never avoid but so is positivity. You gain positive thinking if you are a person who is instead thankful of the things around him rather than those who just think of the sad things in life. Yes, it is okay to be sad but is not acceptable to only see that in our lives. Realizing what you have now, the friends who are there for you in your darkest days and etc., those help us stir our life a little bit to the brighter side once in a while. You may also see sample interview thank you letters.
3. It Changes Us for the Better. With the practice of being genuine and appreciative every day, you would notice a change in how you do and say things. The more appreciative you are, you become more of an authentic person. You will be at peace with your inner demons and handle problems without getting angry. You will be able to handle difficult situations with ease and solemnity. You may also see thank you letter for an employee.
4. It Brings Meaning. Can you imagine you suffer so much and you are still able to see the beauty of life and appreciate it? This kind of notion gives you a stronger meaning in life because you are grateful for every moment of it. Being grateful lets you capture the essence of life easily. Putting meaning in suffering can make things not so painful to think about. This kind of action can make a pessimist turn into an optimist if he/she is consistent with it and has the motivation to achieve it. You may also see thank you letter formats.
For the sake of this article, this part will briefly explain why sending a follow-up thank you letter after you had your initial interview with the HR or manager of a specific company. But, please do note that what we are explaining here is also essential to the other fields of life and not just after a job interview. Now back to the follow up thank you letters, it is important and necessary to send a follow-up thank you letter after an interview to let the person interviewing that you are indeed interested in their company. It also shows that you are a mature professional and that you are eager to get that certain position.
Besides, also being thankful to be interviewed insists that they were doing a good job and would have a good impression of you because of your decency. This results in you being remembered more and would take into consideration of going to the next level of interview, especially if you did just fine in your first interview. You may also see formal thank you letters.
This will be the last section of the article in which we will give you tips on how to write a thank you letter for someone. This is for the ones who have a hard time expressing their feelings. If you are one of them, please do take note of the following:
1. Greeting. Just like any other letter, start with a greeting of “Good day” or “Dear…”. If you are writing to someone who had interviewed you, those 2 phrases can still be sued because they still sound professional. You may also see job offer thank you letter templates.
2. Say the magic word. After the greeting, say thank you. Try to say “Thank you for the opportunity to have been…” or “Thank you for accepting my..” You may also see sample business thank you letters.
3. Be specific. This is where you will tell the person what you are thankful for and most especially why. Always put a reason why you are thankful for something and just make it simple and not all gushy but still be genuine. You may also see free thank you letters.
4. See you soon. When you are about to finish, wish that you would see and interact with them again regardless if its on a specific date or just somewhere down the road. You may also see simple thank you letters.
5. Restate your gratitude. You can just simply paraphrase what you said in your opening sentence or paragraph.
6. Regards. This pertains to you already saying goodbye to “Sincerely yours,..”, “With Gratitude.” or “from”From yours truly.” You may also see thank you letter after an interview.
These are the basic tips for writing a thank you letter. It is typically easy, especially if you are writing a letter which is not job-related. If it is, make it professional and you can do that by not adding so many sweet words. Just let him or she knows that you are thankful for what had conspired and end it there. Do note that it is also best to send your follow-up thank you letter after a day or two of your interview and that goes the same with informal thank you letter. Start being grateful little by little and constructing this kind of letter will be so easy for you. You are welcome.