A graphic designer is a person involved in the process of creating visuals through the use of typography, images, and other elements. A specific design has to be made through the use of all the combined materials and must follow the specifications given by a client.
If you want to apply as a graphic designer, make sure that aside from a comprehensive resume, you should have a cover letter that will set the bar high to your competitors. You may take a look at our Cover Letter Template samples and base yours according to its format.
Graphic Design Resume Cover Letter Template
Graphic Designer Resume Cover Letter Template
Senior Graphic Designer Cover Letter
Freelance Graphic Designer Cover Letter Sample
Best Graphic Designer Cover Letter
Graphics Design Cover Letter Sample
The graphic design industry is a technical field that requires creativity from all the people involved in design production. The products that they create are for both printed and electronic media, especially to those businesses that need marketing tools and advertisement collateral.
Cover Letter Must-Haves for a Graphic Designer
Since it is both a technical and a creative field, those who aspire to be graphic designers must keep in mind that a cover letter must showcase their strengths. Here are a few suggestions on what you can put on your cover letter should you want to apply for this job:
- Highlight the design techniques that you already know and identify your target employer’s areas of processes where you can be of great help through the use of your techniques.
- Provide a list of all the design software that you are aware of using and stress enough that you can create designs both on electronic or technological devices as well as using manual labor.
- Give them an idea about your work ethics and how your efficiency in creating a graphic design at the fastest possible design can help their company to achieve maximum results.
Graphic Designer Application Cover Letter
Motion Graphic Designer Cover Letter
Putting Creativity to Another Level
Since being a graphic designer is not a typical job in the corporate world, here are a few suggestions that we can provide regarding your cover letter:
- Try to make your cover letter an actual design template. You can create your own graphics and use it as a border design or a header for your cover letter.
- If the first idea is too much, you can actually attach a link in your cover letter that will lead your prospective employer to your online portfolio.
- Printing even just a page with various graphic designs that you’ve already done and attaching it at your cover letter can also be a good idea.
Though these items are considerably artistic and creative, the effect that it can give to your application may vary. Make sure to research about your company and the kind of business operations that they are doing. If the company is too formal, then it is better to stick with a normal cover letter. But if you think that the abovementioned suggestions can be of help to your application, feel free to do them.
If you are just starting out as a Graphic Designer, check out our Entry Level Cover Letter samples and download or use them as a guide in creating a cover letter that will fit your credentials and experiences.