When a person applies for an internship, the process is almost similar as when you are applying for an actual job. You would still need to submit the necessary documents for you to be considered for the position. Below are some of the most commonly used cover letter sample used by people who wish to apply for an internship.
Writing a Cover Letter requires a lot of thinking. You don’t just write a cover letter format for formality purposes, you have to write one to support all that you have written on your resume. While giving the employer a heads-up on your intention to work for them, you must also be able to sell yourself and convince them that you are not only a good candidate, but you are the best one for the position.
Finance Cover Letter
Graphic Design Cover Letter
How Do You Apply for an Internship?
- Search for an internship on the internet that is related to your career.
- You may also attend job fairs and ask around for those companies offering an internship.
- School professors have a lot of idea regarding internships, and can provide you with a lot of help in looking for one.
- Gather information about the requirements, specifications, and the responsibilities for the internship.
- Prepare a cover letter template and a resume specifically tailored for the internship that you are planning to apply.
- Submit your documents to the employer and be ready to be called back for an interview.
If you are looking to find out more about the Cover Letter Examples, go ahead and check out our collection of Professional Cover Letter Templates.
What Should be Included in Writing an Internship Cover Letter?
- Depending on the job posting, you should write down only the relevant qualifications on your cover letter.
- If you have had past working experiences that are relevant, include those along with the responsibilities and the contributions you made to your previous company.
- Include your educational background but limit it to your college degree only.
- Include what you plan to achieve and how you want to grow in the company.
For actual Job Cover Letter Samples, you may check out our collection of Job Cover Letter Templates.
Volunteer Cover Letter
Application Cover Letter
What Are Ways to Ace Your Internship Cover Letter?
- Don’t just settle for researching about the company, their history, and the people responsible for its growth. Find a representative in the company that you can talk to and obtain even more information from them.
- There are times when you are unsure about the hiring manager, but it is best to extensively do your research and know their name so you can address them directly on your application cover letter.
- When writing about your experiences, narrate briefly how you were able to make use of your skills to accomplish your objectives.
- Do not undersell yourself by settling for less. But be careful not to oversell yourself as well to avoid being seen as unrealistic.
- Inform the employer how you can contribute to the company if ever you are given the opportunity to work for them.
For those without experience, check out our collection of Entry Level Cover Letters and Word Cover Letters.