What is an IT manager? They are the people tasked with overseeing an entire organization’s computer-related matters, including its networking, hardware, and software. They are responsible for maintaining the overall performance of computer systems in a company.
If you plan on working as one, a college degree in a computer course is mostly required, and you would need to submit a cover letter template as well as a resume to the employer. To learn more about the cover letters tailored to your career and other necessary information about IT managers, go ahead and scroll down.
IT Project Manager
Experienced IT Project Manager
Technical Manager Cover Letter
Assistant IT Manager
IT Operations Manager
How to Write IT Cover Letters?
- Employer’s Contact Information – Write the complete name of the employer, their specific designation, and the name and address of the company.
- Greeting – Address the employer by using “Mr./Ms. or Mrs.“, followed by their surname.
- First Paragraph – Inform the employer about your intention to apply for a position in their company. Also, mention where you were able to find out about the position. And briefly explain why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Middle Paragraph – In two to four sentences, discuss your educational background including the awards that you received in school. You may also discuss about your previous work or internship experience, some certifications, and your accomplishments in those experiences.
- Last Paragraph – Reiterate the reason why you think you are the best candidate, and place your contact number. Provide the employer with how you will follow-up your application if you don’t hear back from them in a week. And don’t forget to thank the employer for taking the time to go through your cover letter.
- Sign Off – Close the letter by placing your handwritten signature over your typed name.
For more ideas about this, check out our collection of Cover Letter Samples.
Common Responsibilities of an IT Project Manager that Should be Addressed in the Cover Letter
- To work in coordination with other teams both inside and outside the IT department for a harmonizing work environment.
- To analyze data, identify gaps, and implement rules to be able to resolve issues.
- To facilitate in the purchase, delivery, shipping, and distribution of computer equipment and accessories.
To save you the hassle in writing a cover letter, you can check out our entire page of Professional Cover Letter Template samples.
IT Security Manager
IT Account Manager
IT Sales Cover Letter
Skills That Should be Included When Writing an IT Cover Letter
- Of course, an IT manager should have the knowledge and skills in coding. How would they be able to manage if they don’t even know how to write a code?
- Since IT managers monitor the status of computer networks, they should also have some networking skills to be able to assess and resolve network issues.
- IT managers are required to constantly keep in touch with colleagues in the same department and those in other fields, then they should have good communication skills.
- If problems are not resolved right away, then it could take a toll on the company, which is why IT managers should know how to effectively manage their time to maintain efficient exchange in information.
For even more templates to choose from, you may also check out our collection of Resume Cover Letter Template and Cover Letter Templates in Word.