For those of you who are planning on applying for a job, then you should know how important it is that you’re able to make an appropriate letter which reveals your intentions. You want to make sure that it’s able to convey how much you desire to attain the position, as well as what makes you qualified for it.
If you think that you have what it takes to do a particular job well and that there’s a company that has an opening just for you, then it’s best that you start making the letter as soon as possible. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to come up with a job application letter.
Elements of a Good Job Application Letter
If you want to make this type of letter, then you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you will need to be aware of. You must be able to include them to ensure that the recipient understands exactly what it is that you want to tell them such as the job you wish to apply for.
Knowing that, here are the basic elements that you should include into any good job application letter:
- Heading: It’s here where you’ll be placing important information such as the your name, the recipient’s name, addresses, etc. Make sure that you when you write the heading, you don’t forget to include any of the important information. Doing so could end up with the letter making its way to the wrong hands, or it not getting delivered at all.
- Date: No matter what type of application letter you need to make, you must always include the date to ensure that the recipient knows exactly when you made and sent it. This is important for job applications that only have a limited amount of days before no longer being available. So include the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any questions regarding when exactly the letter was sent.
- Salutations: The first part of the letter is to greet the recipient properly. Make sure that you’re addressing the right person by going with either “Mr.” or “Ms.”, followed by that person’s last name.
- Body: It’s here where you’ll be pointing out the reason as to why you’re sending the letter in the first place. Make sure to come up with an appropriate and detailed reason so that the recipient knows the exact purpose of the letter.
- Closing Statement: Here is where you’ll want to include information such as your contact details, as well as a statement that thanks the recipient for the opportunity to apply at the company you wish to be a part of.
10+ Job Application Letter Samples
Job Application Letter for Engineer
Job Application Letter Sample for Accountant
Assistant Job Application Letter Sample
Software Engineer Job Application Letter Template
Medical Job Application Letter Example
Part Time Job Application Letter Format
Marketing Job Application Letter Template
Student Job Application Letter Format
Entry Job Level Application Letter Sample
Manager Job Application Letter Sample
How to Make a Job Application Letter
Now that you’ve learned the basic elements of a job application letter, the next thing that you’re going to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. Even though you know what should be in it, there are still things that you have to consider to ensure that the letter does what it’s supposed to: help you apply for the job that you want. So it’s important that you know how to properly make so that the recipient can clearly understand your intentions.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper job application letter:
Start With a Proper Greeting
Right from the very beginning, you will need to come up with a proper greeting. Although this was already mentioned, you have to understand that addressing the right person is very important in ensuring that the letter makes its way to the right hands. So know who you’re supposed to send it to and write down that persons’s last name as well as the appropriate title.
Once that’s done, write the greeting. Since we’re talking about a letter that’s mean for applying for a particular position in a company, you want to go with a formal greeting. The tone that you set from your greeting will dictate the tone of the entire letter. Anything other than formal could potentially lead to the recipient disregarding your application.
Focus on What You Should Say in the Body of the Letter
Here’s where you’ll be pointing out the reason as to why you’re writing the letter. Once you’re done with the greeting, you have to point out that you’re interested in the job that they’re offering. It’s best that you share where you were able to hear about the opening.
Once you’ve done that, then you’ll want to share the reasons why you should be given the chance to apply for the job. Don’t go into too much detail as you’ll be saving that for your resume. Just share 2 to 3 sentences as to why you should be considered as an applicant and why you think you’ll be able to do the job well. Remember, don’t explain too much as you’ll want to save that.
Close the Letter Properly
Lastly, you’ll want to close the letter with a statement that thanks the recipient for the opportunity. It’s here where you’ll also want to include information such as your contact details so that the recipient can contact you in the event that they find that you’re the perfect fit for the job, or if you’ll be one of the candidates.
And lastly, you’ll want to include your last name and signature at the very bottom of the letter. The point of doing this is so that the recipient can verify who made the letter, as well as use it in the event that the information needs to be presented.
Tips for Making a Job Application Letter
- Follow the appropriate format: If you want to make sure that the letter has all the information that you’re going to need, then it’s best that you follow a standard format that allows you to make one. Doing so will ensure that the letter looks professional and is able to convey all the information that the recipient will need to make a decision. Take a look at the many different samples of job application letters to help you determine the best format you should follow.
- Check for any mistakes: No matter what kind of letter you end up making, you should always check for any mistakes that you could have made. Again, you want the letter to look professional, and one of the ways that will allow you to do so is if your make the necessary corrections to any errors that you see. So go through the letter at least twice so that you can spot and immediately fix these mistakes before sending it to the appropriate person/company.
Types of Job Application Letters
Know that there are many different types of this particular letter and that each of them is meant for applying for different jobs. By knowing what they are, you should have an idea as to which one you should use for the job that you wish to apply. So here are a few examples:
- Job Application Follow-Up Letter
- Assistant Job Application Letter
- Software Engineer Job Application Letter
- Student Job Application Letter
If you would like to learn more about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site.
Job Application Letter Sizes
If you’re going to make this type of letter, then know that the standard size would be that of an A4 or US, specifically around 8.5 by 11 inches. If you decide to go with anything that’s slightly larger or smaller, then know that it will look less professional and will decrease your chances of acquiring the job you wish to apply for. The standard size contains enough space for you to place whatever you need to show so that you can get the job, as well as present the information in a way that makes it look clean and organized.
Job Application Letter FAQs
When do I need to send one?
It’s best to do send it as soon as possible, especially if the job offer is only up for a limited time. Make sure that you know the duration in which the offer still stands so that you can make and send the letter during an appropriate time.
Is there any easy way to make it?
Yes, all you have to do is to install the right software application, download the appropriate job application letter template, and customize it to however you see fit. You can make use of the templates that are available here for your particular template needs.
Although it may be difficult to come up with the right things to say in the letter, you’re going to have to learn how what they are and present them in a way that will make the recipient understand that you’re the right person for the job. So make use of the information presented in this article to ensure that you’re able to come up with a good job application letter.