A job rejection letter is submitted by hiring managers to potential applicants whose job application was rejected. In some cases, applicants also send job rejection letters to hiring managers when they feel the initial salary offered for the occupation is insufficient or when they feel they do not fit the job description of the post, among other reasons.
This post is a collection of samples of job rejection letter templates that you may download and use as references in creating a job rejection letter, whichever side you are on. More than the samples that are already present in this article, we have more downloadable samples of Offer Rejection Letter templates on our website.
Job Offer Rejection Letter
Sample Job Application Rejection
Job Interview Rejection Example
Basic Job Rejection Letter
Professional Business Job Rejection Letter
What Is a Job Rejection Letter?
The nature of a job rejection letter are as follows:
- A job rejection letter is a formal document sent by hiring staff or an applicant to inform their decisions to reject or decline a job offer offered.
- A job rejection letter lists down all the reasons why the applicant was declined or why the applicant declined the job offer rather than accepting it.
- A job rejection letter may also be a way for the qualified applicant to identify his/her issues with regard to the offer which, once changed, may or may not change his/her decision as well.
How to Write a Job Rejection Letter
A few guidelines that you may follow in writing a job rejection letter or an Offer Rejection Letter are as follows:
- Be polite. You are, after all, dealing with a business.
- Be direct in providing your reasons for rejecting the job offer.
- You can either be firm with your decision to reject the applicant or the offer. As the applicant, you may negotiate changes to a few provisions in the initial offer, especially if it is not directly related to the strict policies of the company
Other than our samples of job rejection letter templates, our samples of Business Rejection Letter Templates are also available for you to view and download.
Rejection Letter Post Job Interview
HR Job Example
Sample Nursing Rejection
What’s in a Job Rejection Letter?
Before sending your job rejection letter, assure that the following items are already present in the document:
- Do not forget to include the date when you sent or received the job offer letter.
- More so, write the date when you have decided to write and submit the job rejection letter.
- For applicants, write the name of the company where you have applied and the job position that you initially want to get.
- Identify the reasons for your decision to reject the applicant or the job position
- Create a message of appreciation for the chance and opportunity that the applicant or the company has given to you.
Aside from our samples and templates of job rejection letters, you may also want to browse through our samples of Job Application Rejection Letters so you will also be aware of the content of the letter that you will receive should you be one of the unsuccessful candidates in any of your application for specific job posts.