One of the things that a business has to do is to get their customers and clients to familiarize with their brand. Although there are so many ways in which they can do so, the majority of businesses try to find the most cost-efficient yet effective methods.
That’s why they come up with their own unique letterheads as it’s one of the easiest things to make that can help promote their brand. This article will teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you should go about in creating a letterhead templates in Illustrator.
Elements of a Letterhead
A letterhead document must have all the information it needs to ensure that it’s able to serve its purpose. You’ll need to learn about the basic elements if you want to properly create a letterhead for your business. Those elements would be the following:
1. Business Information: Those who will be going be going through the letterhead will want the business that they are dealing with. So what you will need to do is to place your business’s complete name at the top-left corner of the document. Also, be sure to include any other required information such as your business’s address and contact information as that could prove useful to your customer/client.
2. Business Logo: You’ll definitely want to come up with a logo that your customers can use to better familiarize themselves with your brand. As you’re making one, you need to think about a design that perfectly suits the type of business that you’re running. For example, let’s say that your business is one that handles services in the fashion industry. You’ll want to go with a fashion designer logo that’s artistic and related to the fashion industry.
3. Recipient Information: Make sure to point out specifically who the document is addressed to. Include that person’s complete name, address, and signature. Also, provide a proper salutation as that will set the tone of the contents that will be found in the letterhead.
4. Date: Do not forget to include the date in which the letterhead was created. Put in the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any questions regarding the specific date the letterhead was made.
5. Body: Once you’re done with the salutations, the next would be the body. It’s here where the recipient will find all of the information that you need to share with him/her. Do not forget to include any important information and make sure to put in all of the details the recipient must learn about.
6. Closing and Signature: At the bottom of the letterhead, the closing statement must be provided as well as the sender’s signature. Should you decide to send the document via email, then you’ll want to include a graphic of your signature.
12+ Letterhead Templates in Illustrator
Make-up Artist Letterhead Template
Spa Letterhead Template
Wedding Planner Letterhead Template
Property Dealer Letterhead Template
Event Planner Letterhead Template
Travel Agency Letterhead Template
Advertising Consultant Letterhead Template
Free Tech Start-up Letterhead Example
Construction Letterhead Example
Barbershop Letterhead Template
Fashion Store Letterhead Template
Free Sports Letterhead Sample
Legal Services Letterhead Template
Doctor Letterhead Format
Company Letterhead Template
Free Community Service Letterhead Template
How to Create a Letterhead
1. Access Illustrator: Know that Adobe Illustrator isn’t the only program that you can use, but it’s highly recommended due to its easy accessibility and user-friendly interface. If you already have it installed, then here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Launch Illustrator.
- Click Create new to open the New Document dialog box. You can also use shortcut keys to do this: Control+N (Windows) or Command+N (macOS).
- Select a category at the top such as Print, Mobile, or Web.
- Select any of the presets of the different document types.
- Specify exact dimensions, change measurement units and page orientation by selecting Preset Details.
- Once done, click Create.
If you like, you can use the same process to make documents other than letterheads via Illustrator.
2. Creating the letterhead: Now you’ll have to put in what the letterhead needs in order for it to be useful to your business. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Think carefully on the letterhead’s design: The first thing that should come into the mind would be the that of business logo design. Remember that you want to go with one that’s able to perfectly portray what your business is all about and what it offers to customers and clients. Make a rough sketch first to see what changes you can make before coming up with the final design.
- Add your logo, graphics, and text: Once you’re done with the design, then you’ll have to put in the content of the letterhead. You can add graphics and text, change the font and colors, and add your logo. Make sure that you know exactly what it is that you have to share with the customer/client so that you won’t have to go through the hassle of making any unnecessary changes. You may check out the samples of letterheads to give you an idea on how you can format the document.
Tips for Making a Letterhead
- Don’t be afraid to use colors: There are businesses that are wary of using different colors in their letterhead’s design. Don’t be shy to try which one works as the color is the best way to manipulate the psychological impact it has on the recipient. Different colors have different effects so all you have to do is to learn which one you’ll want to use for your letterhead.
- Decide on a theme: Think of the theme for your letterhead that will suit your business. For example, the theme of your beauty parlor letterhead contains multiple vibrant colors, as well as making use of a background image of the facility to convey professionalism. This is one of the easiest ways of establishing a design for your business’s letterhead.
Types of Letterhead
- Fashion Letterhead
- Corporate Letterhead
- Marketing Agency Letterhead
- Architecture Letterhead
- Legal Services Letterhead
- Professional Letterhead
You may go through our site should you wish to find more articles that contain information on letterheads.
Why do businesses even need letterheads?
Again, it’s so that they can easily establish their brand with their customers and clients. So long as they can come up with a good design for it, then it’s certainly possible for their brand to be instantly recognizable by those who see or hear about it.
Do I have to use a template?
Although using a template may be the most convenient method of making a letterhead, you can choose to create one from scratch. That way, you can give the document a more unique touch.
Use the information in this article properly so that you’ll be able to create a letterhead that will definitely your business.