Businesses need to find ways to better promote their brands to their intended target audience. Although there are many ways that they are able to do so, they will always prioritize the ones that are the least expensive but are enough to attract the attention of potential customers and clients.
One of the more cost-efficient methods that businesses use would be the development of their letterhead samples. This article will teach you what you need to know in order for you to be able to create a letterhead in Publisher.
Elements of a Letterhead
You’ll need to know the basic elements of a letterhead if you want to be able to properly make one. They would be the following:
1. Business Information: If you’re going to make a letterhead document, then the first thing that you’ll want to put is information regarding your business. The point is to make readers know exactly who is responsible for the creation of the document, meaning that the letterhead will need to tell them. Aside from your business’s complete name, you may also have to include its contact details and address.
2. Business Logo: An easy way to promote your business’s brand would be through the use of a logo. People can better familiarize themselves with a business if the logo is memorable enough. If you’re going to make one, then it has to be an image that represents what your business is all about. For example, a furniture shop letterhead should have a logo of the pieces of furniture that it specializes in or sells.
3. Recipient Information: Always remember to put in the information of the person that’s meant to receive the letterhead. Be sure to include that person’s complete name and address.
4. Date: Be sure to include the date in which the document was made. Remember that the date always has to go before the salutations. Put in the month, day, and year so that the recipient will know the exact date of its creation.
5. Body: It’s here where you’ll be putting in all of the information that you need to share with the recipient. Start by greeting the recipient and then moving on to whatever it is that he/she needs to know about.
6. Closing and Signature: Lastly, you’ll want to affix your signature at the very bottom of the letter along with your closing statement. You’ll have to include a graphic of your signature if you’ll be sending them a letter via email or sharing it via online means.
10+ Samples of a Letterhead
Spa Letterhead Template
Event Planner Letterhead
SEO Letterhead Template
Makeup Artist Letterhead Template
Creative Agency Letterhead
Law Firm Letterhead Template
Restaurant Letterhead Template
Free CA Letterhead Template
Free Corporate Letterhead
Free Photography Letterhead
Free Community Service Letterhead
How to Make a Letterhead
Now you’ll have to learn how to create your business’s letterhead. Be sure to do the following steps:
1. Make use of Publisher: You’ll need the Microsoft Publisher program before you can get started. Once you have it installed in your desktop, then here are the things that you’ll need to do:
- Open Publisher.
- Click File > New.
- Click My Templates, and then choose from the selections of letterhead templates that are available.
- Make the changes that you want to the template.
- Click File > Save As.
- Rename the save file and click on Save once finished.
You may also start from scratch by going with the option of creating a new document.
2. Create your letterhead: Now you’ll need to actually start putting it what your letterhead needs. So be sure to do the following:
- Think about the design of your logo: Remember that coming up with a memorable logo is crucial when it comes to creating your business’s letterhead. You’ll want to come up with a sketch of what the logo design supposed to look like to see if it fits with the image you want for your business. Come up with different designs to help you see which will work out best. Also, have other people aid you by asking them about their opinions regarding the design.
- Carefully consider what information should be on it: If you’ll be sharing information with the recipient, then you have to check and see if you’ve provided all that needs to be known. Not only that, but you have to make sure that whatever information that the document contains is something that the recipient is allowed to read. Just make sure to check on the contents before sending the letter.
Tips for Making a Letterhead
- Consider the format: You want the letter to be presentable as well as readable to those that receive it. The way to ensure that is to know the format that you should go with. This means you have to think of the font and font size of the text, as well as where pieces of information should be located. Consider looking up samples of letterheads to give you an idea of the format that’s commonly used or the one you should go for.
- Have a theme for your letterhead: Think about a theme that your business’s letterheads should have. Think of what kind of colors, images, or text you should use that will give your letterhead a more unique feel.
Types of Letterhead
- Corporate Letterhead
- Architecture Letterhead
- Professional Letterhead
- Marketing Agency Letterhead
- Fashion Letterhead
- Legal Services Letterhead
You may go through the articles on our site should you wish to learn more about the different types of letterheads and how to make them.
Should I only use templates to make my letterhead?
Although there is an abundance of letterhead templates and they’re very convenient for making one easily, sometimes it’s best that you make your own from scratch. That way, you can make one that’s unique and you can make sure that it will definitely suit the image you want to project to customers and clients.
What’s a great way of making my letterhead stand out?
Aside from a business logo, you can do simple things like choosing what colors or background images you want to use. Think of what you can add to the letterhead that will make it look both presentable and professional.
So long as you make use of the information in this article, then you’ll be able to create a letterhead that best suits your business.