15+ Letterhead Templates in PSD
In businesses and organizations, it is very important to showcase your brand on all your materials and documents to create a sense of uniformity. One good way of doing it is by adding a letterhead to your forms and documents. Through this, you can also promote a professional image to your prospects and actual clients.
We have a collection of letterhead templates below for you and these templates all come in PSD format. This format—created by and for use in Adobe Photoshop—is indeed perfect for creating high-quality letterheads. If you’re planning to create your own letterheads using Photoshop, then check out the templates below.
Elements of a Stunning Letterhead
Knowing what to include on your letterhead can help in ensuring that you are making the most out of the very little space allotted for you. Below is a list of the different elements that you should add in order to create a stunning document letterhead.
1. Name and logo design: A business or organization should always have their name and logo on their product packaging and advertising tools simply to provide an identity behind it. The same thing can be said with letterheads, the name and logo serve to help readers where the document actually came from.
2. Complete street address: After indicating the business’ logo and name on the letterhead, it should then be followed with their street address. This way, readers get to know where to find them if ever they will need to go there for an important reason. Also, indicating the address may be useful for people who wish to send something to them via mail.
3. Contact person’s name: When prospects reach out to a business or organization, they will often look for a specific person to talk to. This is referred to as a contact person, and business letterheads should indicate their name simply to inform readers who to look for.
4. Phone numbers: In connection to the last element, this is the information that prospects use when they need to get in touch with the contact person. Oftentimes, a telephone number is never enough which is why it is best to also indicate your mobile phone number/s or probably even your fax number.
5. Email address: There are people who prefer communicating through an email, they feel like they are able to communicate well through this. Since this is the case, it would also be best to include your email address on your letterhead to give prospects alternative contact details that they can use.
10+ Letterhead Templates in PSD
As we have said in the introduction, we have got PSD-based letterhead templates here that you can use These templates can be downloaded with a click of a button and the editing phase is just as easy. Scroll down to see the letterhead templates yourself.
Massage Letterhead Template
Law Firm Letterhead Template
Simple Spa Letterhead Design
Grand Hotel Letterhead Template
Simple Fashion Designer Letterhead
Available File Formats
SEO Letterhead Example
Fashion Store Letterhead Template
Tech Startup Letterhead Sample
Legal Services Letterhead Example
Non-Profit Organization Letterhead Format
Furniture Shop Letterhead Layout
Sports Club Letterhead Design
Business Services Letterhead Template
Fashion Street Letterhead Sample
Advocate Attorney Letterhead Layout
Business Marketing Letterhead Design
Steps to Designing an Awesome Letterhead
Making a letterhead is easy, but a quality letterhead may be complicated if you don’t know what you’re doing. Below, we have listed down the steps on how to make an awesome document letter. We hope that this guide can provide you with assistance.
1. Make a sketch of the letterhead’s layout: To have an idea on how your letterhead might possibly look, you should make a sketch of it on a sheet of paper and write notes about it. This way, you’ll have something to refer to once you’re already in the editing stage.
2. Download a lettehead template from this article: The title for this couldn’t be more specific. To save yourself a lot of time, just download a letterhead template, we’ve gathered ten of the best ones for you to choose from.
3. Edit the downloaded letterhead template using Adobe Photoshop: After getting your hands on a letterhead template, you can then open your editing software so you can start working on customizing the design according to your preferences.
4. Add the necessary contents to the letterhead and proofread: Once you’re contented with the way the letterhead looks, the next thing that you will need to do is to add the content. If you’re unsure what content to include, simply refer to the elements section above.
5. Prepare the letterhead for printing: Finalize your modern letteread design and its content. After doing so, simply prepare it for printing by setting it as a default on whatever word processing tool you’re using.
Simple Tips for a Great Letterhead Layout
To further provide you with the assistance you need in designing your letterhead, here is a list of tips that you can apply to your layout in order to enhance its appearance. These tips are very simple and might even be foolproof.
- Enhance a dull layout using simple geometric shapes.
- Choose the right type of font that fits the theme of the letterhead.
- Use margins (see FAQs section for more details).
Types of Letterheads
Various businesses today use letterheads for all their documents whether it is for making announcements or simply conveying general information. Below is a list of the different types of letterheads, it might be best to familiarize them.
1. Standard letterhead: A standard letterhead usually consists of only the company’s name, logo, and address, and it is meant for a general and widespread audience. Standard letterheads are commonly used for both service-oriented or administrative purposes.
2. Specialized letterhead: A specialized letterhead also consists of the company’s name, logo, and address, but the name of the department or area in the company is specified. The reason behind that is because this type of letterhead comes from a specific department of the industry.
3. Custom letterhead: A custom letterhead is the type of letterhead that can actually be used for both interoffice and external communications, but they are usually not used on form documents. This type of letterhead consists of the company’s name, address, logo, area in the company, and the sender’s name and contact details.
4. Executive letterhead: Among all the types on this list, this one is of higher quality since executive letterheads are reserved for those who are at the highest level in their company’s organization chart. The subjects for this type of letterhead is usually specific to one person or issue.
Sizes of Letterheads
As much as you need to familiarize the different letterhead types, you will also need to be familiar with the different letterhead sizes. The sizes listed below actually depend on the size of the paper itself, so be sure to choose the appropriate size.
- 5.5 by 8.5 inches
- 11 by 17 inches
- 8.5 by 11 inches
- 8.5 by 14 inches
- 8.27 by 11.69 inches
FAQs about Letterheads
Before proceeding to the conclusion, we also have a few more info that you might want to know about. Below are some FAQs that we have gathered from the internet. If a lot of people want to know about these, then you might too.
What is a letterhead?
It is a heading that is usually seen in the topmost section of a document, form, or letter paper. It usually consists of a name, logo, address, and contact details.
What are the margins for a letterhead?
For standard letterheads, the margin on the top is 3/8″ and 1/4″ on the sides as well as the bottom.
What is the best font for a letterhead?
Most people prefer to use Helvetica, Century Gothic, and some mainstream font types for their letterhead.
One of the best things about using Photoshop is its user-friendliness, even the most inexperienced designers can easily learn from it. In addition to that, the professional letterhead templates in this article are also very easy to edit that you’ll be able to make the most out of them in very little time. If you’re ready, download a template now.