Composing a cover letter requires you to follow a set of standards and formatting, which means you should start by writing down your contact information, followed by the Cover Letter Salutation. After these details is the main content of the letter which is where you will be writing your intentions as well as the reasons why you should be chosen for the job.
Even if we are already in the digital age, the majority of job employers still prefer to receive the Hard Copy Cover Letter from job applicants. This way, it shows them the effort exerted by the applicant in writing and submitting the letter personally. Continue reading on to learn more about marketing cover letters.
320+ Marketing Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, HTML5, WordPress, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Apple Keynote, Google Slides - START DOWNLOADING
Corporate Cover Letter
How to Write a Professional Marketing and Social Media Cover Letter
- As mentioned above, the cover letter template should start with yours and the employer’s contact information.
- Address the employer as “Mr./Ms. or Mrs.” and their last name.
- On the first paragraph, state right away your intention to apply for a position in their company.
- Mention the source where you found out about the job opportunity.
- Don’t just enumerate your skills, write down relevant experiences where you made use of your marketing skills and abilities.
- Proofread and sign off by placing your signature on the bottom part of the letter.
For more cover letter examples, search for cover letter template in word using the search tool on the upper right corner.
What Skills Do You Need to Include in a Marketing Cover Letter?
- Marketing managers need to have technical skills since their job involves the use of computers and other advanced equipment.
- Marketing managers should have analytical skills especially when handling a lot of data and interpreting them to produce results.
- Marketing managers require leadership skills to be able to guide and motivate other marketing staff into achieving a common objective.
For more information about the cover letter format, you may check out our collection of Latex Cover Letter Templates.
Legal Cover Letter
4 Tips When Looking for a Marketing Job Position
- Be familiar with your own strengths and weaknesses as well as your fields of interest to better narrow down the options and help you move forward.
- Since job searching is a win-lose situation, which means you could be accepted in one company and be rejected by another, you should never give up when you face rejection an should be able to move on to other options.
- No man is an island. Ask for assistance from family members, friends, and former colleagues when looking for opportunities because they may hold some useful information.
- If you weren’t able to hear back from the company a week after submitting your job cover letter, follow up the status of your application and don’t stop until you get a response from them.
For even more templates to choose from, also check out our collection of General Cover Letter Templates and Word Cover Letters.