A teacher resume is the document used to apply for a teaching position in an academic institution and other related organizations. There are different kinds of candidates who have specific expertise in the field of academics and other industries. There are also different kinds of academic levels and students with varying needs. All should be considered when creating a teacher resume.
We have collected a number of printable teacher resume templates and samples that you may use as reference. It is advisable to select a template that is related to the specific teaching position that you are targeting. You may also want to browse through other kinds of Resume Templates for more options.
Free Printable Teacher Resume Templates
Resume for Teacher Job
Editable Teacher Resume Template
Elementary School Teacher Resume Templates
Elementary School Teacher
Experienced Elementary School Teacher
Objective for Elementary School Teacher
Certified Elementary School Teacher
PreSchool Teacher Resume Templates
Assistant Preschool Teacher
Preschool Teacher Objective
Preschool Teacher Resume Without Experience
Resume Templates for Teacher with Experience
Free Sample for Teacher
Sample Resume for Teaching Job
Entry Level Teacher Resume
An entry level teacher resume can be used by any of the following teacher applicants:
- It can be used by fresh graduates who wanted to provide their services in the teaching and academic industry.
- It can also be used by employees who would like to shift from their current work position to teaching.
- It can be used by applicants with no prior experience in the teaching industry.
- It can be created by candidates who graduated with an internship and a major in education but has not yet practiced their educational attainment in the professional teaching field.
Things to Include
An Entry Level Resume used in the field of teaching should have the following details:
Emphasize your educational background and accomplishments.
- Since you still do not have any experiences in the field of teaching, you need to ensure that your educational attainment and achievements will be given focus.
- Your performance as a student can reflect your enthusiasm in the field of education and its processes.
- Your academic knowledge is very essential to assure the academic institution where you are applying that you are capable of providing the information that your students need to know.
Capitalize on your skills and abilities.
- You can showcase this by listing down your technical skills, talents, and competencies that can be used in the field of teaching.
- Even if you have no professional teaching experiences, the main fact that you are aware of the things that you need to provide as a teacher can help a lot in your application.
Include information regarding training or seminars you’ve attended.
- List down the training programs and the conferences that you have attended which are related to teaching and field of education.
- It is very essential for you to have prior information about teaching from key speakers who can provide you with their experiences and guides.
Professional Academic Teacher Resume
A Teacher Resume used by professionals who already have experiences in the field of teaching should be more filled with work experiences compared to those of entry level applicants. If you would like to use a professional academic teacher resume, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- It is very important for you to list down the schools and academic institutions where you have worked. The nature of operations of your previous employers is very essential especially if it will be compared to the academic institution where you are applying for. Assure that these information with regards to your previous employers are specified in your teacher resume:
- The name of the academic institution that hired you as a teacher
- The location of the academic institution where you have previously worked
- The kind of management that the school has
- The academic year levels that the school provides to students
- Professional academic teacher resume should also give focus on your work experiences as it will dictate your knowledge on the proper implementation of different teaching methods and processes. This area in your resume should have these details:
- The teaching job position/s that you have been entitled with
- The job description of the teaching job position/s that were given to you by your previous employer/s
- The duration of time that you have been teaching
- The kinds and/or academic levels of students that you have handled
- Aside from the items mentioned above, you should also be able to showcase your competencies like your technical teaching skills, the teaching methods that you are aware of implementing and the teaching processes that you can execute in varying conditions and instances.
Professional Teacher Resume Templates
Professional Kindergarten Teacher
Professional Teacher Resume Format
Professional Objective for Teacher
Professional Elementary Teacher
Business Teacher Resume Templates
High School Business Teacher
Experienced Business Teacher
Business Teacher Resume Without Experience
Business Teacher Objective
Music Teacher Resume Templates
Private Music Teacher
Elementary Music Teacher
High School Music Teacher
Best Teacher Resume Templates
Best Objective for Teacher
Best Preschool Teacher Resume
Other Kinds of Teacher Resumes
Since there are different kinds of teaching positions that are available in various industries and teaching processes, there are also variations with the Teacher Resume Templates.
It is not only academic institutions that hire teachers as there are also different establishments and businesses that need teachers, trainers, advisers and coaches to help their clients achieve the goals and objectives that they would like to have.
A few samples of teacher resumes used in different kinds of professional teaching work position applications are as follows:
- A yogi or yoga teacher resume is the professional profile used by yoga instructors who would like to apply to a yoga hub or any other yoga centers. There are different kinds of yoga teachers based on the yoga practices that they can provide to their students. A yogi or yoga teacher resume should have the following details:
- The kind of yoga practices that the yogi can teach his/her students
- The yoga hubs where the candidate has already worked for
- The kind of employment that the yoga teacher is applying for
- The experiences of the candidate in teaching yoga to people from different age ranges and walks of life
- A gym instructor resume is the resume used by gym instructors if they would like to apply for employment. Gym instructors are hired by gym facilities for the following reasons:
- Gym instructors can ensure that the exercise routines that are done by the gym members and clients are correct. This includes the body forms of people when exercising and the way that they implement and execute different exercise routines.
- Gym instructors can provide both individual and group coaching to the customers of the gym facility. More so, they can be of help to achieve the body goals of the people who go to the gym where the instructor is working.
- A fitness teacher resume is mostly the same with a personal trainer or gym instructor resume. However, a fitness teacher resume can be submitted to an individual, a group or a company rather than on gym facilities alone. A fitness teacher resume should include the following information:
- The kind of fitness help that the fitness teacher can provide to his/her clients
- The fitness methodologies and processes that the fitness teacher can share
- The certifications and licenses of the fitness teacher, if there are any
- The clients that the fitness teacher has already worked with
- The fitness programs that the fitness teacher can execute
- A voice lesson teacher resume is used by singer coaches whose expertise are focused on providing singing and voice lessons to singers. A voice lesson teacher resume contains these items:
- The voice coaching techniques that a voice lesson teacher can provide to his / her students
- The academic attainment of the voice lesson teacher related to music
- The experiences of the candidate in voice coaching
- The awards and citations that the voice lesson teacher has received from the industry
- An arts teacher resume is used by applicants who would like to apply for a teacher position that are related to arts creation and supervision. The qualifications that are present in an arts teacher resume vary on the arts teacher position that the candidate is specifically applying for. Some art teacher resumes can be submitted to following institutions:
- Training camps for arts students
- Kinder schools or play schools that provide art activities to toddlers
- Art institutions that provide art courses and programs to its students
There are still a lot of teacher resumes that can be used in different kinds of teaching processes. It is very important to identify the specific teacher job position that you would like to apply for first before creating your resume so you can be guided by the proper foundation that you need.
We can provide you with more samples of Professional Teacher Resume and Basic Teacher Resume templates in the respective links provided for additional references with regards to creating the format and content of teacher resumes.
Elementary Teacher Resume Templates
Experienced Elementary Teacher Resume Template
Elementary Teacher Assistant
High School Teacher Resume Templates
High School Teacher Resume Objective
High School Teacher Resume Format
High School Art Teacher
High School Teacher Job
Preschool Teacher Resume Templates
Sample Preschool Teacher Objective
Preschool Assistant Teacher Resume with No Experience
Primary Teacher Resume Templates
Pre Primary Teacher
Experienced Primary Teacher
Guidelines in Creating Teacher Resumes
Though there are different kinds of teacher job positions, prospective employers are always looking for candidates that are qualified for the field of teaching.
There are specific qualifications that an applicant has that is appealing to employers especially if the resume can provide information not only about the experiences that the applicant acquired in the academic field but the passion that can be felt by the employers as well.
Some of the guidelines that you may follow in creating a Teacher Resume are as follows:
- Make sure that your teacher resume is comprehensive. We suggest for you to create a draft first of the things that you would like to put in your teacher resume.
- You can group the items that you want to discuss so you can easily put the information that are included in specific discussions.
- Do not forget to place your educational attainment, contact information, references, skills, abilities, professional work experiences and the seminars and training programs that you have attended.
- Create a teacher resume that is appropriate for the teaching position that you are applying for.
- Again, it is very important for you to research first about the job position and its requirements so you can easily assess whether your qualification fit he position.
- We have a variety of Teacher Resume Samples that you may refer to if you need to identify which resume is usable for the teaching job position that you would like to have.
- Be specific and precise with your discussion.
- Always point out your strength and how it can be usable to the operations of the business.
- Always be keen with the details that you will put so you can assure that they are cohesive with the entire discussion and that they can help in creating the impact that you would like to give to your prospective employer.
- Being precise with the selection of your words can make your professional profile more corporate-looking.
- Always use the reverse chronological order when you’re listing your educational background, work history, or other accomplishments.
- For your job experiences listing, make sure that the most current employer that you have worked with will be on top of the list.
- Moreover, listing your skills and abilities should start with the most related skill that is needed by the business for their teaching job position which is open for employment.
- Be professional in terms of your word selection.
- Maintain the mood of the discussion all throughout the document so your professional profile will sound as if you are more than ready to take the position that the academic institution or any other organization will over to qualified candidates.
- It will always be easier for you to create a teacher resume if you will be guided by Teacher Resume Templates.
- The format of your teacher resume can do a lot of changes with the organization of your professional profile content and how they will be placed in the document.
- Using a teacher resume template can assure you that your final teacher resume will look business-like and formal which is what you should eye for when applying for a teacher position.
There are still many ways that you can make your teacher resume more appealing. All you need to do is to assure that you are equipped with the knowledge not only of the teaching industry, but the job position that you are applying for as well. Always remember that a great teacher resume can provide wonders in the entire processes of your teaching application.