Looking for a new company to work for is never easy. Finding a new employer takes a lot of time, effort, money and energy; and you know that you are not the only one in competition for the positions you set out to get. Even with online job search sites, the process of going to interviews, taking assessments and answering exams takes up a lot of your energy, which is why you should spend little effort on your resume as possible so that you can expend more resources on looking for a new income.You may also see simple resume template
Fortunately, there are ready-made resume templates in Microsoft Word format that are easy to edit and download.
Receptionist Resume Template
Professional Resume Template
Technician Resume Template
Free MBA Fresher Resume Template
Simple Nursing Resume Template
Physician Resume Template
Modern Resume Template
Sample Resumes in Word Format
Sample Resume for Teacher in Word Format
Free Sample Resume Format in Word Document
Simple Resume Format in Word Format
Simple Resume Format for Freshers in Word
Teacher Resumes in Word Format
School Teacher Resume Format in Word
Primary Teacher Resume Format in Word
Why Do You Need Resumes Templates?
Aside from saving resources such as time and energy, here are other reasons why you need a resume template:
- You have a thought-out guide so you don’t miss any important details. It is understandable that looking for a job takes up a lot of your brain’s thinking space, so it is helpful to have a blueprint on what a resume should essentially have. There are a lot of times that a job seeker doesn’t get hired because the resume does not contain any contact information, and, sadly, that is wasted opportunity that could have been prevented with a proper outline.
- It is easy to edit and user-friendly. You don’t have to be a wizard or a genius to edit a Word template. Its compatibility with other text document applications and software make it a must-have. Just download the resume and edit it according to your liking.
- Globally recognized resume formats. One of the mistakes that a job hunter makes is bombard their resume with so much data that are not relevant. Having a resume template eliminates the urge to clutter and the structure makes it possible for the user to distinguish which information should be placed on paper and which should be left for the interview portion of the application process.
Editing Resume Templates
Even if the templates are downloaded over the Internet, it can easily be personalized to your own liking but you have to remember to take note of the following:
- Review the information stated in your resume and make sure they are correct
- Check the resume for any misspelled words
The importance of having a stellar, professional, and impressive resume and why it should stand out from the rest of the applicants is already a given. However, that is not the only consideration since there are different types of resume depending on how the data is presented. To know more about selecting the best template for your application, it is important to take note of the differences between the types of resumes and what their strengths are the following.
This type of resume is most commonly used, highlighting work history in chronological order, starting with the most recent job to the first within a 5-year period depending on relevant work experience. Most employers prefer this kind of resume because it provides a quick background on the employment history and the kind of positions, tasks and responsibilities that you have been handling. Chronological resumes work best for people with seamless employment histories and competitive positions from well-known companies.
This resume type focuses on skills and experiences rather than the specifics of your employment history. Unlike chronological resumes wherein the details of your work are more important, functional resumes only use work experience as support on the validity of your skill set. Functional resumes work best for people with gaps in their employment history, focusing more on the skills, functions, lessons, and learning rather than the specifics of their work experience.
A combination of the strengths of both chronological and functional resumes, combination resumes puts together skill highlights and employment highlights, letting the potential employer tell a story of your background through his or her own perspective. Combination allows you to highlight not only your skills and objectives but also your employment history, should the latter be as equally impressive.
Perhaps the most effective yet most time-consuming type of resume. This kind of resume customizes the needs that the employer has presented in the job hiring advertisement. The objectives, qualifications, skill highlights, and others reflect the job description and requirements. If you are aiming to go into real estate business, tailor your objectives and relevant real estate industry work experience.
Professional Resume Templates
Experienced Professional Resume Template
Experienced Business Professional Resume
Professional Nursing Resume Template
Professional Resume Outline
Student Resume Templates
High School Student Resume Template
College Student Resume Format Template
Final Year Nursing Student Resume Sample
Things to Consider in Choosing a Resume Type
You are acquainted with the types of resumes but how do you know what works best for you? Here are a few things to consider:
- The number of candidates applying. The higher the position and pay grade, the less likely that there will be other applicants so you can take your time and create a targeted if the position is supervisory and above. Check out these professional manager resume templates to help you get started. If there are a lot of applicants then it would work in your favor to use a chronological resume to quickly highlight your previous jobs.
- The job you are applying for. If the job is an entry-level job, especially one that is open for first-time workers or fresh graduates then, you don’t need to create an all-out targeted resume for this purpose. You can make a simple chronological graduate fresher resume or entry-level resume since your edge will be your work experience or a targeted resume highlighting your skills if you don’t have much work experience to speak of.
- The qualifications and expectations of the employer. If you perfectly match the requirements given by the company then use your resume to inform them of your compatibility. The higher the expectations, the more advisable it would be for you to use a smart and targeted resume in order to land the job.
- Where you will be applying. More than what kind of company you will be applying into, you have to take into consideration who is doing the hiring process. If it is a small business with the owner having firsthand experience on the selection process, then a targeted resume would work best. If you are going to do a walk-in application at a recruitment hub, then a combination resume highlighting your most relevant skills and work experience would be advisable.
Much like everything in life, finding a job requires an excessive amount of planning and preparation in order for the job hunter to make the most out of every application. Since resumes are the life and blood of the job seeker’s experience, it should be tasteful and professional like the examples shown on this page.
Basic Resume Templates
Free Basic Resume Format in PDF
Basic Resume Template Example
Basic Student Resume Template
Blank Resume Templates
Blank Job Resume Template
Blank Resume Format Template
Sample Resume for Engineering Students
Electrical Engineering Resume Template
Sample Resume for Engineering Students
If you are confused because of the many fabulous designs you can download, don’t worry! There is no right or wrong way to create your resume since, at the end of the day, the main goal is to get hired and your updated resume is just one of the many tools that can be used to impress potential employers and big companies.
Template.net is home to a huge library of ready-to-edit job application letters, basic resume samples, and other templates to help you get a job fast—exerting minimal effort in preparation and leaving you with energy to do well in the assessments, interviews and exams. Download and edit a resume template now and start applying for your dream job!