10+ Sample Complaint Letter Templates
There will come a time where a person would like to complain to another person or company in regards to something that they’ve received such as a product or service. In the event that someone would like to lodge a complaint, then they’ll want to do so in a professional manner.
One of the best ways to voice out one’s own concerns is by sending a complaint letter to the right party. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you’ll need to know in order for you to be able to come up with one.
Elements of a Good Complaint Letter
Should you wish to make a complaint letter, then it’s important that you know about the basic elements that you must never forget to include. The point of having them is so that you are able fully to point out what your complaint is all about, as well as provide details such as who the letter is for when it was sent, etc.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that should be in any formal complaint letter:
1. Heading: At the very top of the complaint letter, you must write down information regarding the sender and receiver. It’s here where you’ll be placing the names and addresses of both parties. Make sure that you’re able them down in a complete manner so that there won’t be any questions regarding the identities of those involved, as well as where the letter came from and who it’s supposed to go to.
2. Greeting: The way you greet will set the entire tone of your complaint letter. Know that you’ll want to go with a formal tone from the beginning until the end as you don’t want to sound rude at any point. Be sure that you address the right person by writing his/her name and appropriate title.
3. Body: It’s here where you’ll be writing down all the details of the complaint that you wish to make. What you’ll want to include in your body will depend on your concern. It’s possible that you’ll have to include dates, names, locations, etc. Just know what it is that you have to write down so that the letter will have everything that it needs.
4. Closing: It’s important that you’re able to close the letter in the exact same way that you start it. Also, be sure that you’re able to include your complete name as well as your signature as the recipient may want to verify the identity of the person responsible for the letter’s creation.
10+ Complaint Letter Samples
Free Formal Complaint Letter Template
Business Complaint Letter Template
Complaint Letter Against Staff Sample
Complaint Letter Against Supervisor Template
Complaint Letter Against Bad Product Example
Complaint Letter for Bad Service Template
Complaint Letter for Poor Service Sample
Complaint Letter for Unprofessional Behavior Template
Complaint Letter to Service Provider Sample
Complaint Letter to HR Example
How to Make a Complaint Letter
Know that you know what it is that should be inside a complaint letter, the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how to actually make one. It won’t be enough to just know about the basic elements as there are still things that you have to consider to ensure that the complaint letter has everything that it needs.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will help you come up with a proper complaint letter:
1. Include Your Basic Information: Much like when writing down the basic information of the person or company that you’re sending the letter to, you’re going to have to include your complete name and address into the letter. This is so that the recipient will know who exactly to send the response to, as well as where it needs to be sent.
2. Share the Details of Your Complaint: It’s here where you will be focusing on the body of the letter. What you’ll want to do here is to share all of the information regarding the complaint that you wish to make. What you write down will depend on the circumstances of your complaint. Remember that what you share will depend on the type of complaint you wish to make, meaning that it’s always going to be different. So make sure that you already know what you need to share as you make the letter.
3. Remember to Close It Properly: If you’re going to end the letter, make sure that you do so in a proper manner. Also, do not forget to include your complete name and signature at the very bottom as, again, the recipient may need it to verify exactly who is responsible for making the letter.
Complaint Letter Tips
- Keep things respectful: You should never use any rude or obscene language, especially if you decide to make a complaint letter. Doing so will just end up ruining your own image and you will not be taken seriously. So keep the tone formal and respectful at all times.
- Follow the right format: No matter what kind of letter you end up making, you should know that there’s a format that you’re going to have to follow. Doing so will make your letter look clean and organized, and it will be able to provide all the information that one needs.
- Always check for mistakes: You don’t want to send an unpolished complaint letter as that will just show the recipient that you didn’t take the time or effort to make a proper one. So what you’re going to do is to proofread and edit your work before you send it. Make sure to go through your letter twice before sending it so that you can spot and immediately fix any mistakes that you could have made.
Types of Complaint Letters
Should the time come that you wish to make a complaint letter, you should know that there are many different types. Each of them will help you voice out your concerns over different matters. So what you’ll want to do is to learn what types there are so that you’ll have an idea as to which one you’re supposed to make. So here are a few examples:
- Complaint Letter Against Staff
- Complaint Letter Against Supervisor
- Complaint Letter for Bad Product
- Complaint Letter for Bad Service
- Complaint Letter for Unprofessional Behavior
Should you wish to learn more about the different types or if you want to learn about the other letters you can make, then you simply need to go through our site to give you all the information that you’re going to need.
Complaint Letter FAQs
How Do I Make a Complaint Letter?
All you have to do is to download and install a Word program as it has all the tools that you’re going to need to help you make one. What you decide to use will depend entirely on your preference. Take note that the most popular one being used until today is Microsoft Word as it’s relatively easy to use.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes. All you have to do is to download a complaint letter template, open it with your chosen Word program, and make the necessary changes so that it will have the information you wish it to convey. You may use the templates that are available in this article should any of them match your needs.
If you want to know how to properly make one, then be sure that you are able to go through this article thoroughly. Doing so will not only guarantee that you can make a complaint letter, but also one that’s able to convey your concerns in an easy-to-understand manner.