Resignation letters may be sent through email under valid circumstances. It may also be due to the nature of the resignation processes that a specific company follows. Although it is not given or handed physically, email resignation letters should still follow formal templates that will allow the transaction to be as professional as possible.
This post showcases different kinds of email resignation letter templates that you may use as references in creating a digital or electronic resignation letter that you will send through an email. Other than that, we can also give you other samples of Resignation Letter Templates in the link provided for additional guides in creating the structure and format of the resignation letter that you may use for your resignation.
Formal Email Resignation Letter
Email Resignation Letter to HR
Email Job Resignation Letter
Sample Email Resignation Letter
What Do You Include in an Email Resignation Letter?
A basic e-mail resignation letter should have the following details:
- The subject of your email
- A salutation
- The email message expressing your decision to resign
- The details of your resignation which includes:
- The effective date of your resignation
- The duration of service rendering that you will do before the effective date of your resignation
- The reason for your resignation
- A message of appreciation for the opportunities that the company has given you
- Your personal and professional information which are needed in the transactions involved in resignation
Where and When to Use Email Resignation Letter Templates
Our email resignation letter templates may be used in the following instances:
- Our email resignation letter templates may be used as guides by employees who would like to create an electronic resignation letter, especially if their resignation is immediate and they cannot hand out a physical copy of a resignation letter to the business anymore.
- Employees may also use our email resignation letters if the company where they work at require the specific kind of resignation letter example to be handed to the management during the initial process of resignation.
Email Resignation Letter Template
Email Resignation Letter Example
How to Write a Resignation Letter Through Email
Here are a few guidelines that you may follow in writing a resignation letter that you will send through email:
- Identify the process that you will use in sending the email resignation letter. You can select from any of the following:
- You may put your resignation letter in the body of the email. This way, the entire resignation letter will already be seen by the entity to whom you sent the email to.
- You can also create an electronic resignation letter that has been formatted just like a physical resignation letter. Use the resignation letter as an email attachment and just create a message of introduction regarding your resignation in the body of the email.
- Assure that the subject of your email is directly related to the resignation letter that you would like to pass to the management of the business where you are currently working.
- Be aware of the spelling of the email address of the people and departments who should receive the resignation letter.
- The details of your resignation letter should be precise, direct to the point, and professionally crafted.
Other than our samples of email resignation letter templates, you may also be interested to browse through and download our samples of Formal Resignation Letter and Sample Immediate Resignation Letter templates.