8+ Sample Friendly Letter Templates
There are times where you just might want to greet someone after not being able to see or talk to them for a long time. Should you wish to do so, then one of the best things that you can send would happen to be a letter.
With it, you can send personal messages over to whoever you want. Also, you can decide to send a physical letter or one via email. So to help you, this article is going to give you all the information you’ll need in order to come up with a friendly letter.
Elements of a Friendly Letter
If you’re going to make a letter, then you should know that there are basic elements that you must always include. The point of them being in the letter is so to ensure that what you send is able to provide all of the information that you want to share to the recipient.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements that will allow you to come up with a good friendly letter:
- Heading: It’s here where you’ll be placing the basic information of the recipient as well as your own. You must never forget to include this as it’s what will help readers identify who the letter is from and who it’s for. Make sure to write down the names and addresses of those who are supposed to be involved in the letter. Also, don’t forget to include the date in which the letter was made.
- Greeting: This is something that you’re going to have to do in order for you to show courtesy. Also, take note that the tone you set for your greeting is the tone that will be set throughout the entire letter. So if you’re going for a friendly, then start with a friendly greeting. If you want something formal, then make sure that you greet in that manner.
- Body: It’s here where you will explain the intentions of the letter. It doesn’t matter what the letter is for, just point out exactly why you made it and what the recipient should learn with whatever it is that you’ve written down.
- Closing: You must always add a closing paragraph so that you can end the letter properly. Say what you want to say that will let the recipient know that you’ll be available to discuss things. Also, you’ll want to write down your name again at the bottom along with your signature to remind the recipient as to who is responsible for sending the letter.
8+ Friendly Letter Templates
Friendly Letter Example
Free Basic Friendly Letter
Friendly Letter Format
Free Simple Friendly Letter Template
Friendly Letter Example to a Friend
Short Friendly Letter Format
Sample Reference Letter for a Friend
Free Reference Letter for Friend
How to Make a Friendly Letter
Now that you know what should be in a friendly letter, the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how you’re supposed to make it. Although you already know its basic elements, there are still things that you have to consider to ensure that the letter you send is “friendly”.
Knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper friendly letter:
1. Get All the Information on Who You’re Supposed to Send It To: If you do plan on making a friendly letter, remember that you’ll want to place the recipient’s basic information in it. This is especially important if you plan on sending a physical letter rather than via email. So what you’ll need to do is to make sure that whatever information you place regarding who it’s supposed to be for is entirely accurate. That way, you won’t have to worry about the letter being sent to someone else.
So what you’re supposed to do is to write down the recipient’s complete name and address. Be sure that you include the first name, last name, and middle initial so that you can point out exactly who it’s for. When it comes to the address, write down details such as the name of the street, room number, etc.
2. Be Direct With What You Want to Say: When writing a friendly letter, you want to make your intentions clear right from the start. This can be done the moment you start writing the body as that’s where you’ll be showing why you’re even making and sending the letter in the first place.
So the first thing you’re going to do is answer one simple question: What’s the purpose of the letter? There are many different reasons as to why you’d want to send one. It’s possible that you’re doing it simply to say hi to an old friend. Or it’s also possible that you’re doing this to ask for a favor. In any case, all you have to do is to be clear about your intentions right from the very beginning.
Do that, and you won’t have to worry about the recipient wondering what the letter is for and why he/she received it.
3. Never Forget to Close the Letter Properly: Before you end your letter, you need to come up with a closing statement befitting to the person that you’re making it for. If the two of you are close, then using language meant for close friends would be a good way to end it. Again, you want to make it sound as if you’re always willing to talk with the recipient and that communication won’t be a problem.
Also, do not forget to include your complete name as well as your signature at the very bottom of the letter. Although this won’t always be the case, some people will want the signature of the sender in order for them to verify who it’s from. It’s always better that you include it so that the recipient won’t have to worry about who made it.
Tips for Making a Friendly Letter
- Remember to keep the tone constant: If you’re going to start with a friendly tone, then it’s important that you end with it as well. You should always keep it constant as you don’t want to jump around different ones that could end up confusing the reader.
- Always follow the proper format: There’s always going to be a format that you need to follow no matter what type of letter you end up making. Should you decide to make a friendly letter, then you’ll want to look up samples that will give you an idea as to what format you should use to make yours look presentable.
- Never forget to check for mistakes: If you don’t want to embarrass yourself by sending an unpolished letter, then all you have to do is to proofread and edit it. The point of this is to check for mistakes pertaining to grammar, spelling, or whatever it is that you’ve written down. Go through your letter at least twice to ensure that you’re able to spot and immediately fix whatever you could have messed up.
Friendly Letter Types
Take note that there are many different types that you can possibly make, but that all of them serve the single purpose of sending something that will make someone remember your existence. Knowing the different types of friendly letters should give you an idea as to what you should make. So here are a few examples:
If you would like to learn about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site to gain the information you need.
Friendly Letter Sizes
If you plan on making a letter, then know that the standard size of all of them would be that of an A4 or US. If you want to get more specific, then that would be 8.5 by 11 inches. This is perfect as it’s already able to contain all of the information that you wish to share, as well as it looking presentable. Although you could go with larger or smaller sizes, it’s best to stick with the standard if you want to play it safe.
Friendly Letter FAQs
How Do I Make a Letter?
The easiest way to help you make one is by downloading and installing a Word program. It has all of the tools that you’re going to need to help you come up with your friendly letter. Take note that the most common one being used right now would happen to be Microsoft Word as it’s very user-friendly.
Is There an Easy Way to Make It?
Yes, all you have to do is to go to download a friendly letter template, use the Word program to open it and customize its contents to contain whatever it is that you wish to point out. If you like, you can make use of the templates available in this article.
Coming up with a friend should never be hard, but there are times where people might forget the basics on how to make one. So if you want to be able to create one that’s presentable and is able to voice out exactly what you wish to write, then make use of the information available in this article to help you out.