A recommendation letter is a document that provides details regarding how a reference assesses the experience, qualifications, and characteristics of the individual to whom the letter will be of use. It is a way to formally recommend a person based on his or her abilities and skills that will allow him or her to perform the tasks that will be given should he or she be considered for any position that he or she is applying for. Recommendation letters are usually one of the job requirements that an employee needs to submit before actual employment. Also, it may also be used in different transactions in the fields of academics, medicine and more.
This post contains different kinds of recommendation letter templates that are used in various transactions and processes. Browse through our downloadable sample templates and feel free to use the appropriate recommendation letter template for your current undertaking where it is needed. Other than our recommendation letter templates present in this article, we can also provide you with more samples of recommendation letters in the link provided.
Sample Recommendation Letters for Student
Sample Letter for Student Internship
Recommendation for Student from Friend
Example of Recommendation for College Student
Recommendation Letter for High School Student
Sample Recommendation Letters for Employment
Sample for Employment Teacher
Letter for Employment Nurse
Request for Recommendation of Employment
Sample Letter for Employment from Professor
Sample Recommendation Letters for Graduate School
Sample for Graduate School from a Friend
Sample Letter for Graduate School from Colleague
Sample Recommendation Letters for Scholarship
Recommendation for Scholarship from Guidance Counselor
Sample Letter for Scholarship from Teacher
Selecting Proper References
A recommendation letter is very essential as a document used in various application processes. A few reasons why you need to properly select the references or the people who will write a recommendation letter for you are as follows:
- The way that your references will present the information needed to be present in the recommendation letter plays a vital role in the application process where you are currently involved in. Their perception about you and the things that they know about your personal and professional being can help your prospective employer to assess whether you are fit for a position or not. It can also be used by organizations and other entities to identify whether they should accept you for the particular program or activity that you want to be a part of.
- It is important for you to select the references that you want to have as they may not just be requested to write a recommendation letter but they may also be contacted for additional information that the entity where you want to be involved in would like to know.
Some possible references that you may ask to write a recommendation letter for you include:
- Your previous immediate superior, especially if the recommendation letter will be used for a new professional undertaking
- Your previous department manager, if you would like to have a reference that is mostly reliable in terms of position in the organizational structure
- Your thesis adviser, if the recommendation letter is for an educational procedure more so if it is about research and development program involvement
- Your life coach or adviser, if you would like the recommendation letter to give more focus on your personal traits and characteristics
There are still a lot of people who you may ask to write a recommendation letter if you need one. Just be sure that in selecting your reference, you should be guided by a set of reference selection suggestions which we will discuss below.
If you want to have more samples of recommendation letters that are specifically used in job application processes, you may browse through and download our samples of job recommendation letters in the provided link. We can also provide you with downloadable samples of transfer recommendation letters and scholarship recommendation letter templates if you think you will need them as references for your future transactions.
Sample Recommendation Letters for Teacher
Letter for Teacher Assistant
Sample Letter for Teacher from Colleague
Recommendation Letter for Teacher from Principal
Sample Recommendation Letters for Medical School
Letter Format for Medical School from a Doctor
Sample Template for Medical School from Professor
Sample Recommendation Letter for Medical School Admission
Sample Recommendation Letters for Colleague
Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Colleague
Sample Letter for Colleague Teacher
Sample Format for Graduate School from Colleague
Sample College Recommendation Letters Template
Sample Graduate College Recommendation Letter
Kinds of Recommendation Letters
This post contains recommendation letter templates that you may use as guides in creating a recommendation letter for a specific application process. A few samples of recommendation letters are as follows:
- Student internship recommendation letters are needed by students who would like to render internship services to a company. A student internship recommendation letter are usually written by the following people:
- The internship coordinator of the academic institution who would like to endorse their students to businesses for an internship
- The academic adviser or any teachers of the student who will enter an internship program
- The head of the college where the student is from
- Recommendation letters for employment are written by references to provide information that will be helpful in the professional applications of an individual. A recommendation letter for employment is used for the following reasons:
- It validates the information that have been presented by an individual during his or her interview or resume.
- It allows the company where a candidate is applying to know more information about the person to wants to become a part of the business.
- It can be an additional assessment document so that the company will know whether the candidate is fit for the position that he or he is applying for or not.
- Recommendation letters for graduate school are used by students who would like to pursue a higher academic attainment after college graduation. A master’s degree recommendation letter usually includes the following details:
- The research study of the student from his or her undergraduate course
- The research ethics of the individual
- The grade point average of the candidate especially on subjects that are related to the field that s/he would like to master and explore more
- The possible additional value that the candidate can provide to the academic field should s/he be accepted for admissions in a specific field of study
- Recommendation letters for scholarship are written to help a scholarship candidate get a grant that will help him or her in terms of financing for his or her studies. A basic recommendation letter for scholarship talks about the following information:
- The reasons why the individual deserves a scholarship
- The benefit of the scholarship grant to the individual
- The ability of the individual to provide his or her academic competencies that may be used by the academic institution and other entities to their operations
- Recommendation letters for promotion are basically written to state the reasons why a person deserves to be promoted from his or her current position. A recommendation letter for promotion are usually written by the Supervisor of the person who is subjected for promotion.
There are still a lot of other recommendation letters out there that may be used in different application transactions. Aside from our downloadable samples of recommendation letter templates, you may also be interested to browse through and download our samples of resignation notice letters and general application letter templates for additional references.
Sample Business Recommendation Letters
Sample Letter of Business from Client
Letter of Recommendation for Business Associate
Sample Recommendation Letters for Employee
Sample Letter for Employee for Graduate School
Sample Letter for Employee Promotion
Sample Recommendation Letters for Job
Letter of Recommendation for Job from Friend
Sample Recommendation for Job from Employer
Letter for Job Employment
Key Elements in a Recommendation Letter
Here are possible topics for discussion that may be seen in a recommendation letter:
- The personal characteristics of the individual who will benefit from the use of the recommendation letter. It may talk about
- the qualities of the person that are evident in most days in different environments,
- how the candidate perceives things,
- how the applicant handles certain relationship, and
- the actions and reactions of the applicant in varying situations.
- Recommendation letters may also be the medium where the professional competencies of the individual may be stated. This includes the following items:
- The job positions that the individual has handled
- The field of expertise where the individual is involved in
- The work ethics of the applicant
- The job functions that has already been entrusted to the applicant
- The relative number of years that the individual has spent in the industry where he or she is applying for a specific position or function
- Recommendation letters may state the academic qualifications of the person who will use the letter for academic undertakings. For this specific usage, a recommendation letter may have the following discussions:
- The academic performance of the individual based on his or her grade point average
- The activities, programs and other academic events where the applicant has been involved in
- The research studies and activities that the candidate immersed himself or herself on
- The academic citations and awards given to the individual
- Other information about the educational attainment and achievements of the individual
Why Use Our Recommendation Letter Templates?
A few reasons why it is highly suggested for you to download and use the recommendation letter templates that you can find in this post include the following:
- If you are an applicant or a candidate to any undertaking where a recommendation letter is needed, our templates can help you to know the things that should be present in this specific document. You may ask your references to write about the items that you have seen in our templates, if possible. This will also help you to understand why recommendation letters are essential for the processes that you are undergoing.
- If you are asked to write a recommendation letter for someone, here are a few advantages that you may have if you will use our templates as your guide:
- Our templates are designed and formatted to fit the brief needed by different industries in terms of recommendation letter creation.
- There are various fields of expertise where our downloadable recommendation letters are appropriate to be used.
- Our recommendation letter templates are already guided by the basic information that should be present in a particular recommendation letter. Hence, it will be easier for you to identify if you have already written the information that should be present in this specific document.
- Our recommendation letter templates are editable. You can incorporate the things that you want to state in a ready-made document so it will be more personal. It will be easier for you to add and deduct information depending on their relation to the character and qualities of the person to whom the recommendation letter that you will write is for.
For more samples and templates of letters that are used in application processes, you may want to browse our downloadable samples of cover letter templates, job application letters, and generic resume samples in the respective links mentioned.