A cover letter or a job application letter is important to back up the candidate’s resume with real life instances and more professional information. You can hand over a cover letter to the location of the business or you can also create an email cover letter for convenience.
In creating a cover letter, it’s easier to follow an established format. You can select any of the simple cover letter templates and samples that we have put together in this post so you can have references and guides in making your own cover letter.
Business Cover Letters
Email Cover Letters
What Is a Job Application Cover Letter
Job application cover letters are very important when trying to get a professional work post. A job application cover letter can be described as follows:
- An entry level cover letter is used by a fresh graduate or a career shifter who is applying for a rank-and-file position. This document supports the items present in the qualifications listed in the candidate’s resume.
- A job application cover letter sample contains other information that are not present in a resume. This document allows an in-depth discussion about the competencies and professional experiences of an applicant.
How to Write a Professional Cover Letter
Making a cover letter should not intimidate you. You can easily create a cover letter by following these steps:
- Download any of our simple cover letter templates so you can have a structure to refer to.
- Think of the additional value that you have provided to the operations of your previous companies and present it in your cover letter.
- Create a draft of the discussion that you want to create.
- Highlight your skills, competencies, and abilities and how these can be usable for the operations of the business that you are applying in.
- Whether it is a sales cover letter or any other cover letter, make sure that you specify your relevance to the industry where you are applying, especially in terms of your target job position.
Job Cover Letters
Part Time Job
Medical Cover Letters
Blank Cover Letters
Academic Cover Letters
Volunteer Cover Letters
Top 10 Tips for Writing an Effective Cover Letter
A cover letter can only be effective if it gets the attention of the employer. You can create an effective cover letter by following these tips:
- Use a cover letter format that looks professional, sleek, and well-structured.
- Know what the job position description is so you can easily identify how you can fit in using your actual qualifications.
- Include items of discussion related to your target job position. For example, if you are applying for an executive assistant position, create a comprehensive executive assistant cover letter which highlights your administrative skills and experiences.
- Identify some information that you’ve researched about the company you are applying in.
- Think of yourself as a product that you need to sell to your prospective employer.
- Showcase your professional achievements especially the citations and awards that your previous employers have given you.
- Do not focus on what you can get from the company; rather, talk about what the company can expect from you.
- Make sure that all the items in your cover letter are based on your real qualifications and competencies.
- Your word choices should be appropriate to the nature of the business you are getting into.
- Make sure that your cover letter is organized and neat.
Employment Cover Letter
HR Cover Letter
Marketing Cover Letters
Social Media Marketing
Student Cover Letters
What Does a Good Cover Letter Look Like?
You need to make sure that the cover letter template that you use can represent you in a positive and professional manner. A good cover letter should have these characteristics:
- It should be specific especially in providing information about you and your professional work experience. To be more precise, if you will use a teacher cover letter template, you need to write not just your teaching qualifications but the instances that you were able to handle within your time in the teaching industry as well.
- It should be at least a page long. It is essential for a cover letter to be precise, but it should also be informational and corporate; hence, you need to make sure that you create a content that can fit within the spaces of a business letter.
- It should be formatted according to the medium that you will use when sending it. This is why you need to decide first whether you want to hand a physical cover letter or you prefer to send an email cover letter to your prospective employer.
- If you want to send your cover letter through e-mail, identify if you will send it as an attachment or if you will place it in the body of your e-mail.
- If you opt to hand your cover letter in the location of the business, you can follow the basic cover letter format which you may see in the samples attached in this document.
Teacher Cover Letters
High School Teacher
Fresher Cover Letter
Professional Cover Letters
Formal Cover Letters
Guidelines In Creating a Perfect Cover Letter
In creating a cover letter, you need to make sure that it is effective, appealing, and well-curated. You have to ensure that it can leave a great impact to the employer for you to land an interview. Some of the guidelines that you may follow in creating a perfect cover letter includes these items:
- Clearly state the purpose of the cover letter on the first paragraph of the document. If you use the cover letters for internship, specify that the cover letter is for an internship program. If your cover letter is for a job application, state that the cover letter is used to support the items in your resume.
- Before sending your cover letter, make sure that you review its content and structure. There should be no grammatical error present in the document. It is advisable to review your cover letter three to four times.
- Compare your cover letter to other kinds of free cover letters available in Template.net. You can choose cover letters that are targeted for the same position that you will be applying for. This can easily help you measure your cover letter if it is good enough or if you still need to improve its content and format.
Though a cover letter is not always required for every work application, creating one to strengthen your application wouldn’t hurt. Be guided by the items that we have discussed for you to create a cover letter that can make you standout from your competitors.