There are instances when an employee sends a resignation letter through an e-mail rather than physically handing one to management. Using an email resignation letter is basically easier as all you need to do is send a digital document rather than initially talk about your resignation with a lot of people involved in the specific process.
If you want to resign from your job via email, you must first be knowledgeable on various basic resignation letter writing tips, which you may incorporate in the creation of your resignation email subject line, letter body, and email message introduction. More so, creating resignation notice letters and e-mail messages will be less demanding if you will use a template for reference.
If you already want to quit your job, remember to remain professional. These email resignation letter templates can help you create comprehensive email resignation letters that are formal and appropriate to be used in a corporate setting. Again, if you will resign via email, make sure that it is not only your resignation letter that is well-crafted but all the items present in the e-mail message as well.
158+ Resignation Letter Templates in PDF | Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages -START DOWNLOADING
Creating Subject Lines for Email Resignation Letters
One of the most important things that you need to give focus on in sending a corporate resignation letter through email is the message subject line. This is due to the following reasons:
- The email subject line is the first thing that will be seen by the expected email recipients.
- The email subject line serves as the topic of the message discussion.
- In a typical email format, subject lines have the biggest font when an email message is opened.
Here are a few suggestions that you may apply in creating your e-mail resignation letter subject line:
- Keep your subject line precise. Use the primary words that can already discuss the content of your email message.
- Be direct to the point. State your decision to resign in the subject head so whoever will view it can already have an idea on what the email message is all about.
- Stay professional and express gratitude. No matter how long or short a tenure you spent in the company or the circumstances that happened prior to your submitting an email resignation letter, always retain a sense of professionalism. No one wants to burn bridges with their employers, especially when requesting for reference letters. Always show your professionalism and express your gratitude for what your employers taught you, inside and outside the workplace.
When Can You Resign Through Email?
Though it is advised to physically hand in your resignation letters, there are some circumstances where you need to hand in your resignation through an email instead. Here are a few reasons why employees select to resign through email:
- Most email resignation letters are sent due to immediate resignation.
- Some employees feel more comfortable in undergoing this resignation process.
- There may be companies that favors the usage of email resignation letters more.
Using a resignation letter will truly help you in creating a resignation document if you are bound in any of the above mentioned circumstances.
Ways on Sending an Email Resignation Letter
These are the two most common ways that you may select from in sending your resignation letter via email:
- You can incorporate your resignation letter in the body of your email. This will make the email receivers fully view your resignation letter once they click your email subject line.
- You can also select to create an email resignation letter in a document editing software and use it as an attachment of the resignation email that you will send to the management of your company.
Email Resignation Letter Template Selection
Selecting an appropriate formal resignation letter will allow you to present a resignation letter that will not hinder you from still exuding a professional character even if you will resign from your post already.
Make sure to choose an e-mail resignation letter template that is applicable to be used in the process on how you will send your resignation message to the company.