When applying for a job, you need to exhaust all possible strategies available to you in ensuring that you will get hired. While it is paramount that you send a stellar resume and ace your job interview, you must also give equal weight to the actions that you can still do as you wait for the recruiter to make his or her decision.
During the post-interview waiting period, you can boost your viability for the job position you applied for by sending a genuine and succinct thank-you letter the evening or the day right after your interview.
Hence, if you need a guide for drafting your after-interview thank-you letter, then look no further for we have letter template samples you can download easily with one click.
Letter after an Executive Interview
Letter after an Internship Interview
Letter after an Internal Interview
There are plenty of ways in which you can formulate your Thank-You Letter. What is important is that you choose a structure which fits your situation best. We have a wide array of varying samples for you to choose from on our website.
Our Internship Thank-You Letter template is perfect for senior undergraduate students who are trudging the final obstacles before graduation. A senior student’s internship history is crucial when applying for real jobs in the future. It is for this reason that you must get an internship in the best company there is. Successful companies, however, are often picky even in terms of which interns to hire. By sending a thank-you letter, you can bedazzle your prospective internship company with your eagerness to intern for their prestigious firm.
The same applies to job applicants and for medical students/graduates who are applying for their residency. In addition to that, if you are a applying for an executive position, then you have all the more reason to send a thank-you letter after your job interview. Climbing the corporate ladder is never easy; it takes determination, guts, and specific skills—details which you can elaborate more in the end part of your thank-you letter.
Thank-You Letter after a Phone Interview
Follow-Up Letter after Interview
Letter after Residency Interview
Letter after Teacher Interview
Thank-You Letter after an Informational Interview
Free Thank-You Letter (General)
Benefits of Sending a Thank-You Letter after an Interview
- The interviewer would remember you. Upon reception of your thank-you letter, the interviewer will be reminded of you among the vast sea of applicants. In this instance, they might review your credentials once again and give more thought in considering you for the position.
- It shows them how eager you are to be a part of their firm or team. Nothing beats the proven-and-tested way of impressing interviewers and that is by manifesting the attributes of a gutsy and determined go-getter.
- You have the chance to add more information on your qualification. It is normal that during interviews, you may fail to put emphasis on some salient attributes. By writing a thank-you letter, you can elaborate more on these overlooked attributes which you think might make you even more eligible for the job.
Tips in Writing a Thank-You Letter
- Do not overdo the tone of your gratitude. Avoid being too gushy and couch your gratitude in simple yet genuine terms.
- Add your qualifications at the end part of your letter and make it short and simple.
- Be timely. Send the letter immediately the evening or the day after the interview. Even a Thank-You Letter after a Phone Interview must still subscribe to the rule of timeliness. Never make the mistake of assuming that such type of interview deserves less effort because of its seeming appearance of informality.