After an applicant has gone through the rigorous process of basic interviews, background checks, and a few tests here and there, she will feel that everything has been worth it once she gets accepted into the software company. However, employers should also let these people know that they are happy to have someone who has the potential to become a big asset to the company.
One of the best ways to do that is by handing these professional new employees a welcome letter that tells these people the company is happy to have them on board and that everyone is excited to work with employee. This article is going to focus on how you can create such a letter.
What should the welcome letter contain?
You have to make sure that the following can be found within the letter:
- The date when you made the general letter
- The complete name of the new employee
- The position that the new employee has acquired
- The address of the new employee
- A warm opening general statement that welcomes the new employee
- The reason why this person was chosen for the position
- A statement that talks about how you are looking forward to work with the new person and how she can change the professional workplace for the better
- A statement where you mention that you will monitor her development and that the new employee may approach you at any time for consultation
- A final welcome word statement to the employee
- Your complete name and your job title
- Your signature
If you are going to send this via your company email, then you have to fill out the subject line with the appropriate title.
Why should you welcome new employees?
Here is a list of reasons why it is best that you send new employees a welcome letter:
- You want to show them that your company is one that cares for and appreciates its employees. By showing these people that you are willing to send them an professional email that welcomes them to the company, you are projecting a good image of your company.
- You can show them that you appreciated the effort that they put into trying to get into your company. Sometimes, the hiring process can be tiresome. It may take a lot of interviews and the employee may have to come back to the office more than once, so thanking the new employee will at least let her know that you understand what she had to go though. So, just think of it like an appreciation letter.
- It shows the professional employee that you are going to be keeping a close eye on her. This will tell the person that while you are welcoming her to the company, you expect great things from her. Doing so will help ensure that this person will do everything possible to meet your expectations. You may also see employee termination letters
Remember that you chose your new employees because you thought that they were the best fit for this general position, so welcoming them and telling them what you expect should help make sure that they know what to do once they officially start their employment.
If you would like to learn more about this particular topic or how you can come up with a good recruitment plan, then all you have to do is check out the other posts on this website.