9+ Food Order Templates
There comes a time where one would like to request specific foods from another person or company. While the reasons for which may vary, it doesn’t change the fact that one must provide ample information to ensure that the right food is provided.
What can help in ensuring that one gets what’s needed is through the use of a food order form. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know to help you come up with a proper food order document.
Elements of a Good Food Order
Making a food order may seem simple, but there are things that you’ll need to learn to make sure that it has all the information that it needs. The first thing that you must be aware of is that there are basic elements that you must never forget to include. They’re the reason as to why the document is useful to the service providers as they basically tell them everything that they need to know in regards to the food order.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements that every good food order template will need:
1. Restaurant Details: The customer will want to make sure that he/she is giving the order to the right company. So having that company’s name and logo placed within the food order document will definitely be helpful.
2. Customer Details: Those who are in charge of providing the food will want to know the exact identity of the other party that made the order. Not only that, but they’ll also want other details that will help ensure that the order makes its way to the right place. So it’s here where you’ll need to write down information such as names, addresses, and contact details.
3. Dates: The service provider will need to write down the date in which the order was made, as well as the date in which the order has to be delivered. This is basically to ensure that everything stays on track and that the customer gets what he/she needs on time.
4. Item Descriptions: Since we’re talking about a food order, there’s no doubt that there will be a lot of different items that the customer can choose from. So it’s here where information such as the type of food, the quantity, and even special requests needs to be written down.
5. Payment Details: Before a customer’s food order is taken care of, he/she would have to pay the service provider. This is where you’re going to have to write down the details of the payment that has been made. Be sure to include information such as the total amount and unit price for every item.
9+ Food Order Samples
Free Food Order Template
Available File Formats
Sample Food Order Template
Sample Food Order Form
Catering Food Order Form
Food-To-Go Order Form
Advance Menu Food Order Form
Restaurant Food Order Template
Sample Food Order Template
Digital Food Order Template
How to Make a Food Order Template
When you’ve managed to learn what a food order should contain, then the next thing to do is to actually make one. Making a food order document is something that’s not necessarily difficult, but it’s important that you make it in a way that it has all the information that one needs to do the order right.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper food order:
1. Make Sure to Include an Order Number: When you’ve written down basic details such as the name, address, and contact details of the customer, then you’ll also want to make sure that you include an order number. The point of having it is so that you are able to keep track of a specific order that has been made by a particular number. So what this basically means is that every food order should have its own unique food order number. Make sure that you place it somewhere visible such as the top-right corner of the document.
2. Write Down the Details of the Order: It’s here where you’ll be focusing on all of the details regarding the food order that’s made by the customer. This is very important as you want to make sure that the customer gets exactly what he/she expected, meaning that it’s your responsibility to make sure that everything written down in this section of the document is accurate. So here are the things that you are going to have to include:
- Food Items: It’s best that you give customers a menu of the list of food that they can order. They’ll know what you have to offer and how much each item costs. When they’ve decided, these items can then be written down into the food order. Be sure that whatever is being written down has accurate descriptions so that there won’t be any confusion in regards to what is being ordered.
- Quantity: The amount that’s being ordered by a customer will determine the final price. What this means is that it’s your responsibility to list down the quantity that the customer has requested for specific food products. Remember that the quantity will affect the total price so make sure that you don’t make a mistake when writing it down.
- Special Requests: In the event that the service provider allows the special request, the document will have a separate section for it. It’s here where the customer can personalize their orders. Just be sure to point out as to whether or not you can provide whatever it is that they want.
3. Write Down the Details Regarding Payment: No matter what kind of food order is made, the one who made the order will need to pay for the services that have been rendered. So it’s in this section where you’ll need to provide the following details:
- Unit price: Every food item will have a fixed amount that needs to be paid, meaning that the price for every item ordered must be written in the document. Also, remember that the price is affected by the quantity that’s ordered, so be sure to include that factor in the amount
- Total price: Once you’ve listed down all of the items and their individual prices, add everything to get the total amount that has to be paid by the customer.
- Payment method: The service provider will want to make sure he/she knows how the customer will pay for what has been ordered. So be sure to point whether the payment method was through check, credit, cash, etc.
Tips for Making a Food Order
- Ask specifically when the customer would like to have everything delivered: The person or company that’s in charge of providing the food will want to make sure that they’re able to do so with the allotted time that they’ve been given. Depending on what the customer orders, the amount of time to make sure that everything is delivered will change. Make sure to clarify with the customer as to whether or not you are able to provide everything within the amount of time that he/she has given.
- Make sure to correct any mistakes: Before finalizing anything, it’s very important that you make sure that there are no mistakes. The last thing you want is for there to be errors in information such as the details of the customer or that of the items that have been ordered. Make sure to go through the order at least twice so that you can fix whatever mistakes you may have missed.
Types of Food Order
A food order document has many different varieties, specifically because that each of them is meant for covering orders for different purposes. So long as you know what these types are, then you can ensure that the document has the information it requires, as well as knowing which one to make for the right transaction. Knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Restaurant Food Order
- Baker Food Order
- Company Food Order
- Personal Food Order
- Event Food Order
If you would like to learn about the other types of orders that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you get the information that you need.
Food Order Template Sizes
When making a food order form, it would usually be the size of either of the following:
Both can be used if you plan on making the document look more professional. Also, the accurate measurements would happen to be 8.5 by 11 inches.
Food Order FAQs
How Do I Specify What I Want?
There are times where food order forms have a section where you can make special requests. Should they have those, then you can make specific requests that the provider may or may not agree to.
How Long Should I Expect the Delivery?
When it comes to making food orders, you have to remember that the delivery time will usually depend on the order being made. The standard amount of time that one would expect would usually be around 3 to 7 days, but sometimes it may be less. Again, this will depend on the amount that’s being ordered.
Be sure that you are able to make the most out of the information that has been presented in this article. So long as you do that, then you can guarantee that the food order you make is one that’s able to contain all the information that readers would want to learn.