12+ Order Templates in Excel
A service provider who has to tend to the needs of a client will want to make sure that all of those needs are met. So what this means is that the service provider will need details such as what the client wants specifically, when and where it should be provided and other details.
The perfect document that is able to provide all of that information would happen to be an order form. This article will teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to make your own.
Elements of an Order Document
When making any kind of order document, you will need to learn about the basic elements first. Should your order document lack event these, then don’t expect it to help you in knowing what it is that the client wants to have provided. So long as you make sure that they are in the document, then you won’t have any troubles knowing what any clients want from you.
Knowing that, here are the basic elements that you must be able to implement in any good order document:
1. Client Information: It is required that the client provides his/her basic information into the order document. This is because the service provider will need to know exactly who made the order to ensure that everything is provided to the right person and in the right place. So the information that one should be able to find here would have to be the complete name of the client, the billing and/or shipping address, and the client’s contact information.
2. Order Number: You need to make sure that for every order document that you create, each one will require its own unique order number. The reason for this is because both the client and the service will need it in order for them to bring up the details regarding the transaction between them should they ever lose their copies of their order form. Make sure that there are no order forms with similar order numbers as this can lead to unnecessary confusion and complications.
3. Order Information: If the service provider would want to know exactly what it is that the client wants, then all he/she has to do is to look up the information on the order that has been made. It is required that this element of the order form contains all of the crucial details that will allow the service provider to properly fulfill the order made by a client. So it should be here that information such as the description of the goods and/or services that should be provided, the quantity in which they have to be provided in, and their individual price should be located.
4. Payment Details: The client will want to know all of the factors that contributed to the total amount that has to to be paid. So it should be obvious that there has to be a section of the order form that points out the payment details. Make sure that it includes everything from the subtotal, the amount of tax that has to be added, the total amount that has to be paid, and the method that the client will use in order to pay for everything that is owed.
12+ Order Templates in Excel
Sales Order Template
Cake Order Example
Service Order Template
Product Order Form Template
Blank Order Form Template
Special Order Form Template
Simple Order Form Template
Customer Order Form Template
Food Order Form Template
Delivery Order Template
Purchase Order Format
Work Order Template
Uniform Order Form Template
How to Make an Order Document
Now that you are done learning about the elements of an order document, you must now learn how to actually make it. To a business that deals specifically with handling orders, it is very important that the document that takes them is able to clearly convey what information has to be put in it. The only way that any business will be able to provide their clients with exactly what they want is if they get all of the information they need and that can only happen if the order document is actually able to carry that.
So to ensure that it does, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with your business’s own order document:
1. Use Excel: If you are going to make an order template via Excel, then know that you will have to make use of an Excel program. You should consider using Microsoft Excel as your program of choice when making any document in Excel format. This is because it has generally been accepted as the standard program for making anything in Excel and it’s pretty easy to use. If you have it installed, then be sure to do the following:
- 1. Open up Excel.
- 2. Click on the “File” tab and select “New”.
- 3. Choose if you would like to start with a New sheet or if you would like to make use of a template.
- 4. Proceed to fill up the rows and columns with the information you need it to have.
2. Create Your Order Document: Although you already know what elements should be in the document, you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. What this means is that you still have the responsibility of creating it to ensure that it will have everything that you need it to. So with that, here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Consider how you are going to use the rows and columns: Since you are planning to make an order document via Excel, then naturally you will want to use the different rows and columns available in the most effective way possible. The one thing that you can do it to categorize the information that you need to put in and assign them to their own specific rows and columns so that you’ll have an easier time finding what you need.
- Understand what kind of order document you have to create: The only way to make sure that you are able to gather all of the right information about the orders a client will want to make is if you know exactly what kind of orders your business is going to take. Knowing that will help you realize what kind of order document you need to make, thus helping you understand what kind of information it must have.
Tips for Making an Order Document
- Consider the format of the document: If you are going to be listing down a bunch of information and putting it in the order document, then you need to consider the format. What this means is that you need to think what kind of font and font size would look appropriate, as well as how all the information should be arranged.
- Check and see if there’s anything that you have to correct: If you want to make sure that you do not mess up a client’s order, then you will need to check and see if there are any mistakes to the information placed in the order form. Repeat the order to the client just to stay on the safe side and double-check to see if there’s nothing lacking or if there’s anything you have to correct.
Types of Order Documents
Businesses take in many different types of orders on a daily basis. Not only that, but different types of businesses take in different types of orders. By that logic, one would think that there would be just as many types of order forms and documents that can be made. You should know about the types that you can create so that you can make the one that best suits your business.
So with that, here are a few examples:
- Customer Order Form
- Work Order Form
- Product Order Form
- Sales Order Form
- Purchase Order Form
- Cake Order Form
- Food Order Form
- Gift Order Form
- Service Order Form
- Online Order Form
- Delivery Order Form
- Fundraiser Order Form
If you would like to learn more about the different examples of order documents, or if you would just like to learn about other types of documents in general, then you simply need to go through our site until you can find the articles that have what you need.
Order Document FAQs
Should I submit a copy of the order document to the client?
Although this will depend entirely on the business, it is always best for you to send a copy of the order to the client. That way, both of you can check and see if there is anything lacking or if there are any errors to the order that has been made. Should the occasion calls for it, send out both a physical and digital copy of the order document.
What is the easiest way of making an order document?
The easiest know method of making an order document would be through the act of using an order template. Remember that there are a lot of orders that can be made so that means there are also a lot of templates that you can use. Just choose which one you want, download and open it, and then make whatever changes you think are necessary. If you like, you can use the ones that are available here in this article.
So long as you properly go through the information that’s in this article, then whatever order document you end up making for yourself will be something that can actually help you and your business.