10+ Order Templates in Google Sheets
When a client wishes for goods to be delivered or services that need to be done, then he/she will need to point out the specifics. This would include things such as what kind of goods and/or services when everything has to be provided and so on. You can also check out order templates.
This would mean that the person or business who is in charge of supplying what the client wants will need an order document. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with your own.
Elements of an Order Document
An order document will require the right elements if you want it to be able to serve its purpose. Considering the fact that a service provider will need all of the details in regards to what a client wants, it is very important that the order document is able to collect all of that much-needed information. So take note that the only way that can happen is if you are able to properly implement the basic elements.
So with that, here are the elements that every good document will need:
1. Client Information: The service provider will always need the basic information of the client. This is because it is important to know who exactly the goods and/or services will be provided to. So the order document will need to contain the complete name of the client, as well as other information such as the client’s address and contact details for both communication and service providing purposes.
2. Order Number: Every order document must contain its own unique order number. The reason for this is so that the client and the service provider will always be able to keep tabs regarding the specific order that both are involved in. So when one wishes to recall the details of the order but does not have the document, then they simply need to recall the order number to pull up the information. Be sure that each order form has its own unique order number as to prevent any sort of confusion or potential problems.
3. Order Information: It should be obvious that the service provider will need all of the details regarding what it is that a client specifically wants to have done or to be provided with. This means that the document should have the necessary spaces that will contain information such as descriptions of the goods and/or services, the quantity in which they will be provided in, the individual prices of each item, etc.
4. Payment Details: It is here where you’ll need to put in all of the details regarding the client’s payment. Be sure to include the tax that will be added to the subtotal, the total amount that has to be paid, and the method that the client will be using in order to pay for everything.
10+ Order Templates in Google Sheets
Simple Order Form Template
Customer Order Form Template
Food Order Form Template
Delivery Order Template
Special Order Form Template
Purchase Order Format
Blank Order Form Template
Work Order Template
Product Order Form Template
Uniform Order Form Template
How to Make an Order Document
An order document is supposed to be able to collect all of the much-needed information that will allow the service provider to meet with the request of a client. The only way for it to be able to do that is if you are able to make it properly. What this means is that you need to know how exactly you should go about creating the order document.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with one:
1. Access Google Sheets: Should you wish to learn how to make an order document via Google Sheets, then you will need to gain access to it first. What you will need is a Google account if you wish to do so. Should you not have one, then you simply need to register for one by going to Google’s main site. Once you have made your Google account, here the things that you are going to have to do:
- Log in to your Google Account.
- Navigate your way to the “Google Sheet” icon and then click on it.
- Choose if you would like to make your order document via a template or if you would like to start from a blank document.
You may also use the same process to help you come up with other documents via Google Sheets:
2. Create your order document: Now that you know how to make it via Google Sheets, you must now learn how to properly put the information you need in it. So here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Make sure you know what orders you are going to take: If you are running a business that allows clients to make orders, then you’ll want to make sure that the document contains the right amount of spaces needed for it to contain the information that you need. This is why you will need to learn specifically what kind of orders your business is meant to take so that you can provide the document with the appropriate spaces:
- Organize the information: Considering the fact that you are going to be using Google Sheet to create your order document, you need to think about how you are going to arrange the information on the table you will be using. For each row and column, it’s best that you categorize everything. For example, you can place information such as descriptions, quantity, and unit prices on the first few rows. If you want to have an idea as to how you can properly use the table in your sheet, then you can check out the samples of order documents that you can find just about anywhere online.
Tips for Making an Order Document
- Think about the format you’ll be going with: When it comes to inputting information into the document, you’ll need to consider what kind of format everything should be in. This is the way of ensuring that every piece of information can easily be read and understood by both you and the client.
- Check if all the important details are there: You do not want to mess up any order that any client gives you. So to make sure that it never happens, you will need to do a thorough check to see if there is anything that’s lacking or if there are any pieces of information that you may have gotten wrong.
Types of Order Documents
Now you are going to have to learn about the types of order documents that you are able to make. When you think about all of the possible orders that a client can make and the types of businesses that take orders, it stands to reason that there would be a lot of different types of order documents So long as you know what you can make, you can guarantee that the one you create is appropriate for the orders you are taking. Knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Delivery Order Form
- Fundraiser Order Form
- Product Order Form
- Cake Order Form
- Food Order Form
- Customer Order Form
- Work Order Form
- Service Order Form
- Online Order Form
- Sales Order Form
- Purchase Order Form
- Gift Order Form
Should you wish to learn more about the other types of order documents that are available, or if you want to learn about other types of documents, then you may go through our site until you find the articles that have what you need.
Order Document FAQs
What do I do if I lose a copy of the order document?
So long as you stored a digital copy of the order document, then you simply need to recall the order number or any important details that will allow you to pull up the file. Always make sure that you have both a physical and digital copy as you will never know when you might need either.
What is the easiest way to make one?
The easiest known method of creating an order document is by using a template. Since there are many different types of order forms, there’s no doubt that there would be many different templates for you to choose from. Once you’ve made your choice, simply make whatever changes you want to it until it has all of the information it needs to have.
Make proper use of the information that this article provides you to guarantee that you are able to come up with an order document that will let clients tell you exactly what it is that they need.