Every business entity that operates in the community today is already adapting the modernized way of tracking and recording every transaction. Whether you are selling goods and products or offering services, every business activity should be clearly monitored, and one of those tools used is a sales order. (If you happen to be looking for format regarding business orders, then a blank order template might be helpful.)
A sales order is usually issued after a purchase order is being made. As being part of the business internal document, a sales order allows the easy monitoring of the audit controls of the sales.
Sales Order for Property
Blank Sales Order
Car Wash Sales Order
Sales Order Basics
Sales order, as being defined, is an internally generated document from the company or business itself, which is considered very crucial in the business entity because it contains various customers’ purchase orders under it. A sales order is also very fundamental in business transactions because they allow easy order tracking of the sales progress of the business.
This type of document should be created first before the goods and products be delivered or the services being offered to the customer because such document can only be created when the customer finally agrees to the amount quoted.
Sales orders can be issued and done in several ways and they are the following:
- Build to stock wherein products are made and stocked for the purpose of anticipating the demands.
- Digital copy where the inventory of the products is done through a digital device, thus copies are made real time, which is very easy for tracking.
- Build to order is the most common type, products are made based on the customer’s order received.
- Engineer to order is for product designs that are done after the orders are being received.
- Configure to order is where specific parts of the products are being assembled to meet the customer’s needs.
Free Sales Order
Sales Order in Word
Sales Order Guidelines
Before executing the issuance of a sales order, you should know that it is very crucial to visualize first how your sales order form would look like. Adhering to an order form template is a wise approach you can resort to, and after which, observe the following sales order guidelines:
- Do not be contented with sales orders that never get closed because they are an indication that your business transaction could easily complicate.
- Break down blanket orders into sets of sales orders. This method enables the line clutter that complicates order picking be removed, thus preventing further complication and allowing easy tracking of data and reports.
- Mixing multiple shipping addresses is a no-no. Do not ever try to do this or else the shipment of your products will be messed up. Create a separate sales order for every shipping address if in case the customer provides multiple shipping addresses.
- Changing required item dates is not a good idea. Dates should automatically coincide with the MRP or the material requirements planning.
- For order picking, shipment planners are favorable to use to make it easier for you to decide which sales order to pick up instead of manually deciding.
- Remember that in costing, never use sales order for there is a probability of yielding the wrong numbers in your business accounting system. Sales orders are only used for establishing demands in terms of quantities and selling prices.