Planning a lesson is one of the teacher’s core function. If you’re looking for ways to organize your class content in a coherent and creative manner, then our lesson plan templates can be of help to you. They can help you build and organize your lesson plan samples.
Lesson Plan Outline Template
Daily Lesson Plan Template
Weekly Lesson Plan Template
SIOP Lesson Plan Template
Preschool Lesson Plan Template
Common Core Lesson Plan Template
Art Lesson Plan Template
Weekly Lesson Plans
Teacher Weekly Lesson Plan
Blank Weekly Lesson Plan
Weekly Lesson Plan Format
Organizing and planning out the content, structure, and design of one’s lesson plan is not easy. There are a lot of factors to take into account. You can find and save ideas from our array of lesson plan templates and designs. Our lesson plan templates are professionally made and well-formatted. Save your precious time by downloading our templates.
Blank Preschool Lesson Plan
Preschool Daily Lesson Plan
Preschool Science Lesson Plan
Blank Lesson Plans
Blank Teacher Lesson Plan
Basic Blank Lesson Plan
Daily Lesson Plans
Daily Log Lesson Plan
Daily Routine Lesson Plan
Daily English Lesson Plan
Kindergarten Lesson Plans
Kindergarten Math Lesson Plan
Kindergarten Weekly Lesson Plan
Why Do We Need Lesson Plan?
A lesson plan is an important planning tool mostly used by teachers and students. They constitute a major part of being a teacher. It helps the teacher teach his or her lesson in an effective manner. Although they are crucial tools, they are often taken for granted and underestimated by some. In the light of all of this, we suggest that lesson plans should be taken seriously because it projects the dynamics of the lesson. Here are some of its relevance:
- Provides the lesson’s structure. It is considered as the the skeletal system of the lesson. It guides the teacher in conducting the subject matter of the lesson. It is considered as the framework of the lesson.
- Provides clarity. In teaching the lesson, the teacher must adopt ways and means to teach the lesson logically and systematically in order to uphold clarity.
- Serves as a constant reminder. Lessons plan will also serve as the teacher’s to do list. The teacher can check at the end of the day if she has missed certain topics in order to make up the next day
Indeed, a lesson plan is relevant not just for the teacher but also for the learners. It is a guide that enable the teachers to build on previous teaching and prepare for coming lessons. On the part of the students or learners, they can appreciate more and relate to the lesson. A systematic and well-structured lesson plan makes it easy for the learners to process everything that they have learned.
What Are Lesson Plans?(if You Live under a Rock)
A lesson plan is defined as a document noting the mode of delivery and the specific goals and timelines that guide the delivery of the lesson. It is also referred as a learning trajectory for a lesson. It is the teacher’s guiding document for conducting a particular lesson including the purpose of such and the procedures for attaining the ultimate goal of the lesson. For further details, you can also check out our lesson plan guidelines and tutorials.
Key Features of a Lesson Plan
In terms of structure, there is no hard and fast rule as to the composition of the lesson. They are subjective in nature depending on its use and purpose. In the light of all of this, here are some points you need to consider:
- Frequency. In here, the teacher must decide the time frame and scope of the lesson. Some prefer it to be weekly or monthly. It depends on the teacher and the guidelines of the forwarded by the academic institution the said teacher belongs.
- Goals.The lesson must articulate the overall thrust and goal of the lesson. According to research, it is advisable to come up with an overarching objective. After that, you can create specific objectives in order to suffice the overall goal of the course or lesson. Moreover, you also need to emphasize what the students will achieve and learn after conducting the lesson.
- Prerequisites. You need to highlight what are the needed condition precedent needed or the lessons needed for the students to take a certain lesson.
- Materials. In here, you need to list down what are the materials needed for you to conduct the lesson particularly for the activities in every lesson. These also refers to your references and sources in coming up and preparing the content of the lesson.
- Lesson procedure. In here you need to provide the standard procedure and flow of your lesson. Most lesson plans have an introduction, main activity, conclusion, and other follow up activities
- Feedback and evaluation. In here, you have to prepare assessment mechanisms that will test how much your student appreciated and digested the content of the lesson.
These are just some common sections in a lesson. You can also customize it to suit your preferences. To have clear examples, you can also check out our sample lesson plan templates in Word format.
Elementary Lesson Plans
Elementary Detailed Lesson Plan
Elementary School Lesson Plan
Elementary Lesson Plan Outline
High School Lesson Plans
High School English Lesson Plan
High School Mathematics Lesson Plan
College Lesson Plans
College Level Lesson Plan
College Course Lesson Plan
College Algebra Lesson Plan
History Lesson Plans
Oral History Lesson Plan
History Day Lesson Plan
Monthly Lesson Plans
Preschool Monthly Lesson Plan
Teacher Monthly Lesson Plan
Monthly Budgeting Lesson Plan
A Variety of Lesson Plan Templates
As you can see from our templates, we offer various formats and kinds of lesson plans. In terms of frequency, we have daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans. In terms of educational level, we also have lesson plan templates for preschoolers, kindergarten, and college students. Let’s examine some of them.
- Weekly lesson plan templates. In here, you can plot your lesson schedule which is good for a week. The advantage of using this type of lesson plan is that you can make adjustments easily. You can also be more specific in outlining your activities.
- Monthly lesson plan templates. In contrast to weekly and daily lesson plans, they are relatively long because it covers a whole month.
- Preschool lesson plan. We all know that handling preschoolers is not that easy. The teacher must come up with ways and means to catch their attention. In here, we have colorful and artistic lesson plan templates in order to have a cheerful and child friendly aura in your designs.
- Health lesson plan. The purpose of this template is to guide you in crafting your own health-related lesson plans. Discussing health and safety principles and issues to learners must be conducted in a fun, interactive, and systematic manner.
These are just some of the lesson plan templates that we offer. There are still a lot in store for you. Download the one you prefer and explore its format and dynamics.
Benefits of Using Lesson Plans
It is undeniable that lesson plans are vital and important to guide the flow of learning. Here are some benefits of lesson plans that will motivate you to ace your lesson plans:
- Minimize take home work. On the part of teachers, bringing their work at home is inevitable. However, lesson plans can reduce the number unfinished works. Preparing and planning your lesson can enable prevent missing out deadlines.
- Boost efficiency. Lesson plans can make you more efficient. You can monitor and track your progress and work.
- Makes learning more engaging. Within a lesson plan, the teacher can plan and come up with activities that can make learning less boring and more interesting.
- Assists during evaluation and assessments. A good lesson plan can aid the teacher in making assessments and evaluation. The teacher will know which subject matter needs to be focused more.
- Develops the teacher’s self-confidence. Ultimately, a lesson plan can make the teacher more prepared in his or her lessons. It will lessen surprises and she can at least anticipate some of the student’s potential confusions and queries.
Hence, lesson plans offer a a variety of benefits to the teacher. If you’re interested with other best lesson plan templates, we also have more templates in store for you.
Health Lesson Plans
Health and Safety Lesson Plan
Health Education Lesson Plan
Mental Health Awareness Lesson Plan
Library Lesson Plans
Elementary Library Lesson Plan
Library Orientation Lesson Plan
Teaching Lesson Plans
Multigrade Teaching Lesson Plan
Demo Teaching Lesson Plan
Teaching Vocabulary Lesson Plan
Teaching English Lesson Plan
Interview Lesson Plans
Job Interview Lesson Plan
Interviewing Skills Lesson Plan
Teacher Interview Lesson Plan
Music Lesson Plans
Elementary Music Lesson Plan
Music and Movement Lesson Plan
How to Craft Effective Lesson Plans
After knowing the basic information about lessons, it is imperative to know some tips and tricks to make them more effective and efficient. The poster will only work its magic if designed and made creatively. Here are some tips that you may consider:
- Understand your student’s learning dynamics. In crafting your lesson, think about your students and how you can manage to put everything into context. If you’re dealing with kids, you must also pattern your style with their learning attitudes and dynamics.
- Provide a variety of activities. In making your lesson plan, prepare more than what you need. Participatory and interactive learning is more effective than pure lectures. Let the students participate.
- Manage your time wisely. Keep track of your time. Always take into account that you have a lot of topics to discuss. The smooth running of your lesson depends to some extent on proper timing.
- Make it flexible. Always create a versatile lesson plan in order to cater the unpredictable twist and turn of events.
These are just some points that you may consider. You can also add more a long the way. Crafting a lesson plan is also a learning process. We also have other printable lesson plan templates that you can download.
Downloadable Lesson Plan Templates
Indeed, lesson plans have an interesting dynamics. To help you hasten your search, you can surely rely on our templates for inspiration especially when you are pressed with time and deadlines. To do this, follow the simple steps below:
- Identify the kind of lesson plan format that you are comfortable using.
- Browse through our selection of lesson plan templates.
- Select your lesson plan of choice.
- Familiarize yourself with the guides and tips that are available in this post while browsing through samples so you can be more aware of the proper formatting and usage of lesson plans
- Click on the green Download button below the chosen template in order to start downloading your chosen template.
We hope you enjoy your stay at Template.net. Aside from this, we also offer guidelines such as our how to create a lesson plan for elementary school tutorial. Feel free to check them out.