8+ Monthly Planner Templates
There are times where people have to do so many things within a given amount of time. For those of you who want to plan everything that you’re going to do every single month, then you should have something that will help remind you of all the tasks you have to complete.
Table of Content
- Elements of a Monthly Planner
- 8+ Monthly Planner Samples
- How to Make a Monthly Planner
- Types of Monthly Planners
You should come up with a monthly planner that will give you all the details on what you have to do and when you have to do it. And that’s why this article is going to teach all that you need to know in order to come up with one.
Elements of a Monthly Planner
If you’re going to make a monthly planner, then you should know that there are a couple of important elements that you must never forget to include. Without them, your planner won’t be able to convey the information you’ll need to tell you what it is that you need to do on a specific day.
Knowing that, here are the basic elements that you must always include in a good monthly planner:
1. Title: Although you can simply state that it’s a monthly planner, sometimes you’ll want to go with a better title for your document. Doing so can easily help remind you as to what tasks have to be done and it will tell others as to what the planner is for. For example, a planner that’s meant to help you know what it is that you should study every month should be titled as “Monthly Study Planner” or anything similar.
2. Tasks: A planner isn’t complete unless there are tasks that you have to do. Be sure that you’re able to write down all of the ones that you have to do and complete into the planner. Also, come up with descriptions for them to help you or anyone else who reads them an easier time understanding as to what has to be done.
3. Dates: If you want to know when something has to be done, then it’s very important that you do not forget to include the dates. You can write these down by the week or day, depending on how you want to go about in making your planner.
4. Names: There are times where it may be necessary for you to include the name of the person for whom the planner is for. Should that be the case, it’s best that you include his or her first name, last name, and middle initial. That way, there shouldn’t be any questions regarding who that person is.
8+ Monthly Planner Samples
Free Monthly Planner Template
Monthly Goal Planner Template
Monthly Student Planner Sample
Monthly Teacher Planner Example
Monthly Wall Planner Template
Free Monthly Schedule Planner Template
Monthly Business Trip Planner
Company Meeting Monthly Planner
How to Make a Monthly Planner
Although you already know what it is that you should place inside a monthly planner, you’re still going to have to learn how to make one. Although this isn’t something that’s going to be hard to do, there are still things that you have to consider to ensure that the document is able to remind you of what your tasks and goals are.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will help you create a monthly planner:
1. Know What It Is That You Have to Do: Before you even consider making your planner, then the first thing that you will need to do is to understand what kind of tasks you need to be able to accomplish. Throughout the span of the entire month, what are the things that you need to be able to start and finish? Also, when do you have to start and finish them? These are questions that you’ll need to answer so that you can write them all down into your planner.
2. Come Up With an Organized List of Tasks: When you’ve finished wondering what it is that you need to do, the next thing is to write it all down into the planner. It’s always best that you are able to come up with an organized list that will detail everything. When you describe these tasks, you have to make sure that each of their descriptions can easily be understood by just about anyone.
3. Set Up the Dates in Which These Tasks Have to be Done: Once you’re done coming up with the list, then you’re going to have to figure out when you have to start and finish these tasks. Since we’re talking about a monthly calendar, it’s best that you place how many weeks there are, as well as the number of days. Then you need to determine which of your tasks you should work on first, and which of them you can save until the end of the month.
When figuring out how much time each task has until completion, make sure that the amount of time that you give yourself is realistic. Unless it’s for a task that has an actual deadline, it’s best that you do it and finish it on a date that you’re comfortable with.
4. Know What Your Ultimate Goal: Something that can help ensure that you’re able to finish everything that you’ve set out to do is by writing down your ultimate goal into the planner. Having it as a reminder can help you work harder for each task until you’re able to reach what it is that you’ve set for yourself. Take note that this is optional and that you should only do this if it’s for a personal planner. Having it in a business-related one could potentially make the document lose its sense of professionalism.
Monthly Planner Tips
- Follow a format: If you’re going to make a monthly planner, then it’s best that you go with a proper format. There are so many that you can make that you’ll want to go with a format that suits well with the one you want. If you have no idea as to what format you should go for, then you simply need to check out the many different monthly planner samples that you can use as a reference.
- Always check for mistakes: There are times where you may make mistakes such as placing a specific task on the wrong date or even forgetting to write it down at all. So what you’ll want to do is to go through your planner at least twice to see if there are any corrections that you’re going to have to make.
- Write down name and signature if needed: There are some people who want to make sure that others are able to do what they’re supposed to within a month’s time. Should that be the case, you can have that person place his or her name and signature into the planner. That way, you’ll be able to easily keep track of the person to whom the planner is meant for.
Types of Monthly Planners
There are many different types of monthly planners to the point where each of them has different purposes. You’ll want to know what they are so that you’ll have an idea as to which one you’re supposed to make that fits your situation. So here are a few examples:
- Monthly Schedule Planner
- Monthly Meeting Planner
- Monthly Personalized Planner
- Monthly Business Trip Planner
- Monthly Marketing Planner
In the event that you would like to learn more about the other types of planners that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site to get all of the information you’re going to need.
Monthly Planner FAQs
How Do I Make a Monthly Planner?
There are a lot of different programs that you can use to help you make one, it’s only a matter of picking which one you’re going to have the most comfortable time in using. The most common ones being used to this day would be Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel as the two have all the tools one needs to make a monthly planner and they’re both relatively easy to utilize.
Is There an Easy Way to Make a Monthly Planner?
Yes, all you need to do is to download a monthly planner template, open it with the program you’ve installed, and customize it to contain whatever you wish. If you like, you can make use of the templates available in this article.
Be sure that you’re able to make use of all the information presented in this article to help you come up with a proper monthly planner. Because all you’ll want is a planner that will help remind you of what you need to do, and that’s exactly what this article is going to be able to teach you.